No audio stream on my land now

Hoolie Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a 2048 sq.m. parcel in Frenscent. About a month ago, my radio quit working, but I could still hear music by putting the stream address into the Music url field in land properties. As of about three or four days ago, I now have no music stream at all, even tho the Music url is still in the field. As I have a shop on this parcel, I would like to hear the music.

I also have a small parcel in Mavora and there's no problem with the audio on that land. The very same radio that is on the Frenscent parcel is working fine on the Mavora parcel.

I've submitted a support form, but the last one I submitted took well over a month for a reply from LL, which essentially said: "Sorry 'bout that, but you're out of luck." Some support!

For what it's worth, I'm using Phoenix 1.5.2.1102 (although it doesn't play in any viewer I've tried) and the OS is Windows 7 Pro.

Is there a way to fix this?

Sorry, new to this and can't find a reply button...

Thanks for the replies ;o)

Storm... No amount of toggling works. The button is lit, but no sound. All the settings are correct.

PeeWee... It's not just me, no one can hear it.

Venus... I meant a copy of the same radio, with the same stations on the config card. it works on the small parcel, but not the large parcel. I can play the same staions on WinAmp while I'm on the parcel in question, so I know they are up and streaming at that same time I am there. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the radio or config card in it, it just will not play on the parcel in question.

Edited to add: I should mention that I have tried changing the Music url on the Frenscent parcel land 'audio' tab, and none work on it, even ones playing on WinAmp at the same time I add them. There have been rolling restarts since this started happening. I thought that was supposed to clear stuff like this?

Any other ideas?

6-3-11 Edited to add:   Upon starting SL this morning, I tried changing the Music url on the land tab once again.... and lo and behold, it's started working again. Go figure!

Once again, thank all of you for your replies and trying to help me. I really appreciate it! ;o)

3 answers to this question

I was having the same issues.  I found constantly toggling the sound 'switch' worked.  It was a little frustrating, but I got my music.  Check your preferences and the media settings for the parcel.  It is a small disconnect but easily worked through.  Hang in there.

You say that the 'very same radio' is working on one parcel but not the other.  Do you mean the very same radio STATIONS?  Sometimes individual stations go silent for a period of time (could be a few seconds to a day or so).  Try changing stations.  Are you using the same type of radio on one parcel as the other?  It could be a radio issue.  You could try picking up the radio and receiver and placing them back down on your land.  Sometimes that helps to 'reset' things.

It does not sound like a viewer issue or an issue with your computer as you can hear the radio fine elsewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.