Hello I have a question on linden purchase limits.

Rulrin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to find out how they do linden purchase limits increases.
I have googled it found some old forum post many years ago which probable doesn't apply anymore.
For example one post said:
                             New Residents    Level
                  0 to 1 Days    2 to 7 Days       8 to 27 Days                1                  2
Buy L$        US$30              US$100           US$300              US$2,500    US$10,000
Sell L$         US$0                US$0               US$300              US$2,500    US$5,000
Purchase   US$250             US$500          US$1,300           US$5,000    US$10,000
Which makes no sense I am 12 days old (at least I think I am when I went to age restricted sim said I am 12 days old need to be 30 days old to enter you will be TP away in 20 secs) so should have $300, but my limit still $100
I have tried looking at Linden Exchange>Manage>Increase credit
And it says:
If you came here to add credit to your account in order to place a limit buy, you no longer need to add credit to your account to complete the purchase. We have streamlined the order process so you can now go directly to the Buy L$ page and place your order there. You will be redirected to the cashier to make payment once you place your order.
which is confusing.  It talks about buy lindens not increase amount you can buy.
So I am confused on how they do it.
Can someone explain how it is now.

Edited by Rulrin

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Rulrin said:

I have been trying to find out how they do linden purchase limits increases.
I have googled it found some old forum post many years ago which probable doesn't apply anymore.
For example one post said:
                             New Residents    Level
                  0 to 1 Days    2 to 7 Days       8 to 27 Days                1                  2
Buy L$        US$30              US$100           US$300              US$2,500    US$10,000
Sell L$         US$0                US$0               US$300              US$2,500    US$5,000
Purchase   US$250             US$500          US$1,300           US$5,000    US$10,000
Which makes no sense I am 12 days old (at least I think I am when I went to age restricted sim said I am 12 days old need to be 30 days old to enter you will be TP away in 20 secs) so should have $300, but my limit still $100
I have tried looking at Linden Exchange>Manage>Increase credit
And it says:
If you came here to add credit to your account in order to place a limit buy, you no longer need to add credit to your account to complete the purchase. We have streamlined the order process so you can now go directly to the Buy L$ page and place your order there. You will be redirected to the cashier to make payment once you place your order.
which is confusing.  It talks about buy lindens not increase amount you can buy.
So I am confused on how they do it.
Can someone explain how it is now.

The days start counting starting with the day that you make your first L$ purchase -- not your account age.  

I am not totally sure the specific day ranges shown are correct anymore, but if not then they are definitely close.  I'm also not sure the shown amounts are current, but I'll use those amounts to explain how it works. 

You can buy US$30 worth of L$ on the first buy. 
From day 2-7 (from that first buy day), you can spend a total of US$100. 
From day 8-27, you can spend a total of US$300. 
On day 28, your limits will set to the normal values.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.