Replaying Avatar Animations Not Moving to Top of Animation Stack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

am i going crazy, or did this change recently?  (and i'm not talking about animesh, animesh is... WAS... different.)

i seem to recall that if you make another call to play a (looping) animation, it will restart that looping animation, at the top of the avatar's animation stack.  however, today, it is not doing so.

i'm on firestorm version-i-dont-have-it-running-right-this-second...   so i'm wondering if someone with the official viewer can check this.  please.  thank you.

even if i play a gesture that starts an animation... playing the gesture again doesn't restart it.  i have to make every gesture that uses a looping animation call an animation stop before it calls the animation start???  i never!!  (yes, i used looped animations in gestures.  yes, infinite ones.  well, i also make 'stop' gestures, too!)

okay, maybe i was thinking of unlooped animations.

but then today, i saw this:

http://prntscr.com/1361s4h

which is indicating that bff9 and 3a1f are both playing multiple times in multiple places on the stack.

this is the nutbusterz maneki neko avatar, using the tavatar gaited AO.  so it's not out of the question that more than one script is applying these multiples of animations, but... different scripts, same scripts, scripts+gestures...???

oh.  maybe these are unlooped.

well, i found bff9, that's cat trot, and it IS looped.

and then the stack stopped showing both those repeated animations, and started repeating female_walk_new and female_run_new, both at priority 0.

i dunno.  but... replaying an animation not setting it to the top of the stack... i can believe that.  (i certainly can't make it do stuff like the above example!)

thanks, lucia!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.