Photoshop Alternative that allows painting and pasting on 3d models?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have used Photoshop CS5 Extended for years in creating outfits for my Second Life avatars.  The ability to paint directly onto the SL avatar mesh, as well as paste images on it, has made the process super easy.

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I discovered that Photoshop CS6 (the latest and last version of the Creative Suite) is supposedly incompatible with it.  I have looked at alternatives and I don’t see any that have the functionality I require, not even GIMP which is open-source.

I am curious if anybody knows of an alternative to Photoshop that allows painting and pasting images directly on 3d models.  Otherwise, going forward, I will have to subscribe to Creative Cloud, which I am aware lots of users are very unhappy about.  I find that Adobe’s Photography Plan is super cheap at just $10 a month and it lets one use Photoshop.  I just hope Adobe doesn’t eventually discontinue that plan.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lucierda Solari said:

Really?  How were you able to get it installed?

I have it on a CD jsyk

When my husband built this PC he cloned everything from my old PC's HD to the new one onto an SSD.

https://gyazo.com/e4eb8c38662ab2b557c87b7e92c4cfea

Also, there is a patch for CS6 to work with Windows 10, it seems to have issues with AMD cards, but there is another patch for that too.

Edited by Janet Voxel

7 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

When my husband built this PC he cloned everything from my old PC's HD to the new one onto an SSD.

https://gyazo.com/e4eb8c38662ab2b557c87b7e92c4cfea

Also, there is a patch for CS6 to work with Windows 10, it seems to have issues with AMD cards, but there is another patch for that too.

But what if you install it from a CD, like I have?  How does one get it working installing it that way?

Edited by Lucierda Solari

59 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Did you try what was suggested in the link?

I don’t think I understand what needs to be done in that thread.  So much cmd running.

I also do not have an old computer to copy a directory from, nor do I have one that has CS6 installed on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.