how much $ with fishing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made so much money with fishing I don't know what to do with all this money.

I bought triplex luxury house.. and a private jet.. and a tower (bigger than Trump Tower!) also I am thinking about purchasing a space ship from Elon Musk.

Edited by RunawayBunny
I think this is what he wants to hear... or something like this.
  • Haha 6

I did try some fishing way back when, and kept a notecard in which I noted down my expenses and how much I'd gotten out of it. After a whole lot of time (like, a week or two) and effort, I think I was at something like L$114. 

I can't say fishing for the sake of earning L$ is the most efficient way of making a virtual living ..

• Like 1

There is a fishing game that is very sociable and fun to do, I like having trophies at my home to show off.

There is another fishing game that actually nets you a nice amount of L by fishing on the side. No special rod needed.

Then theres that fishing game that exploits people and wastes your time with barely anything to show for it.

I'd recommend trying all available fishing games (there are several) and determine for yourself which is most profitable, and only fish during 2x multiplier events. The profit I made from normal fishing (1x events) was around 4L per buoy, but each game is different. At 2x events, I made 10-13L per buoy, but some games pay out much less (even with the most expensive rods, which I don't recommend unless you plan on fishing all day, every day)

I've found no difference in my earnings, after spending nearly 3,000L on a fishing pole for a certain, very popular, fishing game in SL.  I did find that it did nicely increasing my total rank, which I was told would eventually lead to an increase of earnings - but it would have taken a long time to reach that point.  Mind you, that pole was at the lower end of the fishing rods available, if I wanted to place a high rank for the month it would have required quite the investment, which would be well over 10k linden.  What bothered me most about that game, was not even the lousy earnings, I was mostly just doing it for fun.  It was how buggy the poles were, and how often I would cast my line only to be met with a message that there was an error connecting to their server, which would result in having to wait for over a minute for the fishing pole to initialize.  

To be fair to that fishing game, I did not want to invest that much money.  I'm not sure how much one could earn by investing a lot of money in it.  From my perspective, it was not worth the expenses.  I eventually opted for another fishing game, which did not offer upgraded rods, which sold bait for a lot cheaper, and even then the earnings were meager.  I did find I earned more linden though the less expensive fishing game though.  I mostly played it because I just enjoyed it, the linden I earned was only pennies on an hour of playing - and if anything I had spent more on hosting my own fishing events.  

My own experience is, don't rely on fishing to earn linden.  If you like to fish, then sure, go for it.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.