You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,
So i discover on monday that my gachas (non copy) items of one specific folder i made, the "accessories" one, were gone just the folders and pics are left... The copy items are still there nothing missing.

I try cleaning my cache but it did nothing, I also verify my transaction history and no one took my items and I disconnect and reconnect but nothing.
I also verify my trash folder and my found object but nothing and i try to get connected to another device, cleaning the cache and all but nothing... (all tested with official viewer and firestorm viewer)
the number of items of my inventory seem unchange too.

I contacted the support, for the moment they make me try to loading the latest version of the official viewer and cleaning the cache but nothing still. And today they put a script on the loading screen to repair a "corruption" but it make me log fast as usual and nothing change. I am waiting for other tests with the support ppl, but i wanted to know if someone here had  lived the same experience as me and have any advices.

How it looks for my floatie folder, some have still arrow on the front because it have pics

example.PNG

Example of one folder :

example2.PNG

Thank you.

Have a good day.

10 answers to this question

This may something you obviously checked but did you perhaps put them out somewhere on your land or someone's land? If they are no copy they wouldn't show in your inventory any longer until you picked them up.

2 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This may something you obviously checked but did you perhaps put them out somewhere on your land or someone's land? If they are no copy they wouldn't show in your inventory any longer until you picked them up.

Thx for answer, it's accessories gacha, so, i never put them on any lands

26 minutes ago, unepetitelune said:

Thx for answer, it's accessories gacha, so, i never put them on any lands

That is a really odd inventory issue that I haven't heard of before (and I know a LOT about missing inventory).  Any chance that the item may have been removed because of a DMCA?  They USED to replace these items with a default plywood cube but who knows what the method is now.   You might try contacting the creator and see if this has been happening with others (of course they would need to report it to the creator which a lot of folks would not).   

Wish you luck. You did all the things you were "supposed" to do.  And if they were never rezzed, you didn't lose them THAT way.  A mystery for sure. 

9 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

That is a really odd inventory issue that I haven't heard of before (and I know a LOT about missing inventory).  Any chance that the item may have been removed because of a DMCA?  They USED to replace these items with a default plywood cube but who knows what the method is now.   You might try contacting the creator and see if this has been happening with others (of course they would need to report it to the creator which a lot of folks would not).   

Wish you luck. You did all the things you were "supposed" to do.  And if they were never rezzed, you didn't lose them THAT way.  A mystery for sure. 

Thank you for your answer, i'm not really reassured that you never see problem like me, i don't think it's DMCA's creator thing because it affect many gacha from very different creator, so i don't think is that. Thank you for the suggestion. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Did you accidentally reset your inventory filters.  I know in firestorm you set to find items with different permissions.  Not sure if the SL viewer has that feature.

inventory_filters_6_4_13.png

Thank you for your answer, i never saw this button, i dont' think i push it, it tell me nothing

You've probably tried this already but just in case, have you used the search function to try and find them? Sometimes I accidentally drag stuff into other folders so I search the name of the items. Really hope you get your stuff back!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

You've probably tried this already but just in case, have you used the search function to try and find them? Sometimes I accidentally drag stuff into other folders so I search the name of the items. Really hope you get your stuff back!

Thank you for the answer, I already do some researchs of items but it's only showing broken links of my outfits I made and empty folder

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I have a new issue which is related to this directly. After a couple of years I decided to rebuild my complex home island and did the simple step of returning all the items on the land. All no-copy items vanshed and never appeared back in my inventory. This included a couple of rarae gacha's but also a very expensive sauna that the creators have ignored my request to replace. Has anyone any idea where the no-copy items may be found?

Edited by Macsen Langwarrin
typo

9 minutes ago, Macsen Langwarrin said:

I appreciate this is an old thread, but I have a new issue which is related to this directly. After a couple of years I decided to rebuild my complex home island and did the simple step of returning all the items on the land. All no-copy items vanshed and never appeared back in my inventory. This included a couple of rarae gacha's but also a very expensive sauna that the creators have ignored my request to replace. Has anyone any idea where the no-copy items may be found?

When using the Return function, all objects are returned as a single "coalesced object". This will have the inventory symbol of a stack of little cubes and may have the name of any of the objects it contains, often just "object". Look for it in your Lost and Found folder. If not there, check your Objects folder.

When you go to rez the coalesced object, do so in an area large enough to contain it. The objects will appear in the same relative positions they were in when you Returned them. Also, have your object Edit window open so that all the pieces will be selected when you rez it.

If the coalesced object contains Linden plants (the ugly plants you can make with the Build menu), many locations will not allow you to rez it. File a support ticket and request access to the Unpackistan region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.