Lonely in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok this might be a bit sad to some so no judgement... after a long break (4 years) I've come back to SL and realised how lonely I am here. So here goes, I'm looking for friends. I'm really chilled and pretty shy. I like hanging out at bars, cafes etc. If anyone fancies hanging out sometime over a coffee, glass of wine or some live music then... *waves* let me know? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

As far as meeting people, it has a lot to do with your interests.    If it's art or photography join those groups and you'll meet people who share that with you. If it's music start visiting the wide variety of music clubs and venues in SL. Again you'll meet people who share your interests.  If it's RP find and join RP groups.  The SL world is wide open. It depends on what you like and enjoy.

If it's photography or music feel free to IM me in world 

• Like 1

How long were you in sl initially, and did you leave because you were bored back then?  What have you been doing since you returned to sl?  There have been good suggestions made so far, and offers to chat and meet with you, so I hope that you connect with at least one person here.  

I have moved around a lot throughout my life; first as an air force brat, and then moving to various places with my husband's career. What I learned is this; that the likelihood of someone walking up to your door and asking, "Can I be your friend?" is very low.  You need to get out and do something that you enjoy, and things will happen from there.   

Let us know how things are in a few months, ok?  *hugs*

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2021 at 9:11 AM, Imsu said:

Ok this might be a bit sad to some so no judgement... after a long break (4 years) I've come back to SL and realised how lonely I am here. So here goes, I'm looking for friends. I'm really chilled and pretty shy. I like hanging out at bars, cafes etc. If anyone fancies hanging out sometime over a coffee, glass of wine or some live music then... *waves* let me know? 

Well I just came back after a couple years away, and I find it works to just IM people who seem approachable. It might take some nerve that you have to work up, but after the first one it's easier. What's the worst response you can get? Most of the time you can't expect others to IM you out of the blue, unless they are after something. Just look around for someone who seems approachable and ask them how their day is going, what part of the world they are in, ice breakers. Or you can come at it the other way. Once I put in my profile "I am a very boring person and you really shouldn't bother with me."

Boom, people started IMing me, offering support and encouragement, wanting to talk. Well... it worked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.