How to make an animation stay still at the end?

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I did an animation and I wanted to know how I can do to not restart over each time but end and stay still in the last position when over?

Basically I made a transition from stand to sit and I want the player to keep stay sit and not restart from standing all time!

Check "loop" when you upload the animation and set both Loop In and Loop Out to 100%. The animation will play everything up to the last frame once, then hold the last frame until the animation is explicitly stopped.

A looped animation has an optional one-time intro, the loop itself, and an optional one-time outro. The Loop In and Loop Out numbers tell SL where one part ends and the next begins.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Animation_Upload_Loop_Controls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ok to make it play till the end i had to add 300 in the end, but if I have a portion of this animation that I want to be played as a loop after the intro ?

basically the player goes from stand to sit, and then use the sit animations as an idle?

Avastar exports as .anim file I have no other options once exported that I can see...

Here are the settings

https://gyazo.com/ffdad387e18b4591e76b74866a464ef4

https://gyazo.com/39b5e2fae64489c67cb813dfc950d029

Edited by Naiman Broome

11 hours ago, Naiman Broome said:

My animation has 300 frames, in Avastar it says loop in and loop out but says 1 and 300 , I guess is not in percentages, so I put 100 and 100 ?

The basic Linden Lab viewer's BVH uploader only allows percentages (which is annoying and requires extra calculation). Firestorm's BVH uploader can take percentages or absolute frame numbers. I'm guessing Avastar only allows frame numbers. If you want to freeze motionless on frame 300, you'd use 300 and 300.

11 hours ago, Naiman Broome said:

ok to make it play till the end i had to add 300 in the end, but if I have a portion of this animation that I want to be played as a loop after the intro ?

basically the player goes from stand to sit, and then use the sit animations as an idle?

Exactly.

Avastar exports as .anim file I have no other options once exported that I can see...

Yeah, .anim files force you to specify looping, easing and priority details in advance, and you can't see a preview before uploading. So you have to pay to upload (use the test server Aditi!), and if you need to make any adjustments you have to go back to Blender and re-export the file. .anim files are really annoying to work with that way. I thought Avastar could export BVH files too?

Your settings look good except for the 100->40 time remapping. Remapping an animation speed is really fussy in Blender and produces all kinds of side effects if you try to edit animations. What purpose is it serving? Does it actually affect exports?

• Like 1

I solved the remapping, that prevented the possible loop with increasing the framerate, and now works fine ...

The hard part to me is to make the feet stick to where they should stay when instead I move all the rest of the bones, and make them coincide always in the same position is hard to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.