New Linden Home owner

Claire Richelieu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

I have recently returned to SL after being gone over a decade & discovered Linden Homes after a week or so of being back.  I managed to claim a Victorian which I adore but there are two different Mole created pathways on the property.

One is obviously for the front door. What is the purpose of the second pathway?  It's seems oddly out of place.

Any answers are appreciated.

• Like 1

Just now, Claire Richelieu said:

Hello.

I have recently returned to SL after being gone over a decade & discovered Linden Homes after a week or so of being back.  I managed to claim a Victorian which I adore but there are two different Mole created pathways on the property.

One is obviously for the front door. What is the purpose of the second pathway?  It's seems oddly out of place.

Are you sure it is on your property?  

Since such is not common amongst all of the homes, can you post a picture?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Are you sure it is on your property?  

Since such is not common amongst all of the homes, can you post a picture?

I believe so.  I shall when I am next in world.  After exploring the neighborhood I have notice a few other homes with them as well.  It seems quite random.

• Like 1

I had that with a Vic I had. I wasn't sure the purpose of it either, but I took the matching texture from my creator's pack and extended it and made it a walkway. Not all Vics have it. They are all a bit different when it comes to landscaping. Some people turn it into a driveway with a garage.

I wish I had a better picture of what I used it for, but this is all I have. On the far right, you can kind of sort of see how I extended the cement up to my patio room.

Patio Garden

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I had that with a Vic I had. I wasn't sure the purpose of it either, but I took the matching texture from my creator's pack and extended it and made it a walkway. Not all Vics have it. They are all a bit different when it comes to landscaping. Some people turn it into a driveway with a garage.

I wish I had a better picture of what I used it for, but this is all I have. On the far right, you can kind of sort of see how I extended the cement up to my patio room.

Patio Garden

Ah, yes.  I think Elena may have it correct in that it was intended as a drive wat or such.  Your place looks lovely but I am seriously considering giving the plot up until another Victorian becomes available.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

It was an "artistic design choice" for that parcel due to that centered tree in front of the house.  🙂

On edit:  A lot of people as mentioned, use it as a driveway.

I see.  Thank you for the clarification, Patch.  It seemed oddly out of place but I shall work with I have. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claire Richelieu said:

Hello.

it's for a "garage" the 2nd is a driveway

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome back, Claire!  If you decide to keep your Vic, here's a couple of ideas for vehicles.  They've gotten a LOT nicer to drive since you were last in SL!

Here's a couple of vehicles that look cute in a Vic's driveway and seem to drive well.  The golf cart is particularly adorable and geared pretty low, so it drives well on Linden roads. The taxi lets you set your own gearing, and is of course free!  Drop me a note if you want one.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Caddie-Golf-Cart-PERFECT-VALENTINES-GIFT/18942569

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/464144-taxis-back-from-the-shop/?tab=comments#comment-2213721

Btw, Belli has a lot of rez zones, if you don't wish to dedicate ~30 LI to a car in the driveway.  [You can get a list of the Bellisseria rez zones from the notices in the Bellisseria Citizens Group (Jon re-issues it ever few weeks), or you can use a freebie rez zone detector gadget to find rez zones in whatever region you're in.  If you want such a gadget, drop me a note in the forums or inworld & I'll send you one)].

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Yes, the first it a pathway that leads to the front door. The other (if yours has one) is meant as a carriageway if you want to build one (or not, it's up to you). Both end right at the property line of your actual parcel.  There are items in the content pack you can get from the mailbox out front that will allow you to extend them into your parcel if you choose. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Claire Richelieu said:

Cars weren't the thing when I was last here.

Many folks in lots of the various themes have added driveways and garages.  Some put fully drivable vehicles there, but quite a few just pick up really low LI non-functioning cars to have as props at their house. 

• Thanks 1

My Vic has one of those and I love the versatility. Initially I didn't know what to make of it either. Once I figured it out it was set up with a paver driveway housing a garage at the far end. Later it was converted into a carport along the side of the home - complete with a roadster I drove around in lots. Most recently the driveway has been dug up and the opening has been closed off to become part of the sandy garden. It is fun to switch stuff around! If you are happy with the parcel, hold onto it. That's the hardest part by far.

1snapshot_022.png

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Welcome back, Claire!  If you decide to keep your Vic, here's a couple of ideas for vehicles.  They've gotten a LOT nicer to drive since you were last in SL!

Here's a couple of vehicles that look cute in a Vic's driveway and seem to drive well.  The golf cart is particularly adorable and geared pretty low, so it drives well on Linden roads. The taxi lets you set your own gearing, and is of course free!  Drop me a note if you want one.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Caddie-Golf-Cart-PERFECT-VALENTINES-GIFT/18942569

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/464144-taxis-back-from-the-shop/?tab=comments#comment-2213721

Btw, Belli has a lot of rez zones, if you don't wish to dedicate ~30 LI to a car in the driveway.  [You can get a list of the Bellisseria rez zones from the notices in the Bellisseria Citizens Group (Jon re-issues it ever few weeks), or you can use a freebie rez zone detector gadget to find rez zones in whatever region you're in.  If you want such a gadget, drop me a note in the forums or inworld & I'll send you one)].

Thank you Nika! Returning has been  joyful & challenging. So much has changed but the people remain lovely.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

Yes, the first it a pathway that leads to the front door. The other (if yours has one) is meant as a carriageway if you want to build one (or not, it's up to you). Both end right at the property line of your actual parcel.  There are items in the content pack you can get from the mailbox out front that will allow you to extend them into your parcel if you choose. 

Thank you Abnor! I didn't open the content pack from the mailbox but will do so next time I am in world.

Also, lovely job on the neighborhoods.  Please let your Mole family know that they are a delightful addition.  Perhaps I would have returned much earlier had I known of their existence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

My Vic has one of those and I love the versatility. Initially I didn't know what to make of it either. Once I figured it out it was set up with a paver driveway housing a garage at the far end. Later it was converted into a carport along the side of the home - complete with a roadster I drove around in lots. Most recently the driveway has been dug up and the opening has been closed off to become part of the sandy garden. It is fun to switch stuff around! If you are happy with the parcel, hold onto it. That's the hardest part by far.

1snapshot_022.png

What a charming home, I like what you have done.  Since it seems I lucked into a Victorian, I now think I shall stay put.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.