Searching for keywords doesn't bring up my land.

MarielleUSA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.  I have put many keywords into the description of my land; however, those words put into the search engine do not bring up my land.  If I directly search for the land name, it brings it up just fine.  If anyone knows what the problem could be, I would appreciate some help.  Thanks so much.

7 minutes ago, MarielleUSA said:

Hello.  I have put many keywords into the description of my land; however, those words put into the search engine do not bring up my land.  If I directly search for the land name, it brings it up just fine.  If anyone knows what the problem could be, I would appreciate some help.  Thanks so much.

Use the Firestorm viewer and pull up the Search tool -- use the Places tab rather than the Websearch tab and see if that makes a difference.  The Websearch has been hosed for a while now.

10 minutes ago, MarielleUSA said:

Thank you, Jewell, but I have tried it both ways.  And, unfortunately, I'm not getting any hits either way.

I don't know how long it takes for the search engine to be updated with changes to land stuff, but if it has been at least 24 hours since you made changes then I'd suggest a Support ticket.

3 hours ago, MarielleUSA said:

You did pay to have it searchable?  Basic but just checking.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MarielleUSA said:

It could simply be that the words are ones with a lot of competition, whereas nobody else has your exact land name.

Welcome to my world...is for the last six months or more?

Search is broken on the regular SL viewer and I hear reports that it is also broken in certain ways on Firestorm.

The Lindens acknowledge this in tickets and office meetings and say they are working on it. Since they did fix map tiles, maybe they will get to search now.

The Lindens have or used to have a system to foil all kinds of gimmicks like traffic and naming. And so key words might work or might not work. I was surprised once to find myself at the top of the list of rentals, simply because the Lindens mix it up this way. I thought it was a certain key word.  A few weeks go by, I put in that word, it no longer "keeps me on top". Because the Lindens seem to use formulas to deliberately foil this "gaming of the system" which is considered "the system" on Google -- but then Google and other companies especially Facebook constantly keep adsters off balance by changing their rules and algorithms.

You have to use all kinds of means to get customers. Good initial service and reasonable prices and help when needed. Classifieds, ad boards at clubs or furniture stores, word of mouth, rental ads in the section on the forums, events, etc. Like a colicky baby, nothing works twice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.