Jump to content
  • 0

unwarranted ban's without explanation's or reasons.


Pj Adder
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So my partner has been banned yet again with no reason why.  He has sent in tickets and gotten no reason reply's. 1st time he gave up and made a new account, that was banned soon after.  So he made a new account and tried again, He has been AFK allot this past week doing stuff in real life, and AFK at our home with me.  He got back from doing some things in rl to find his game was down, he tried to log on only to get the notice that Logging failed, We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please contact Second Life support for assistance. He has done that with a couple tickets, I have also put in a ticket for his behalf.  There is no reply and get ignored. 

He did play and got a fare way within a hud game called prodigy. With that (as in any grid wide battle game) he has some haters. We suspect that someone within the game  put in fake reports, the type linden labs take seriously and don't ask for proof for, and has resulted in him being banned. As other then shopping, playing the hud games and hanging out on our land are the only things we do in second life and even then, he has been afk 80% the time this week doing renovations in rl. 

[Moderator Edit: Username Removed] is the latest av to have been banned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 5/12/2021 at 12:34 AM, Pj Adder said:

So my partner has been banned yet again with no reason why.  He has sent in tickets and gotten no reason reply's. 1st time he gave up and made a new account, that was banned soon after.  So he made a new account and tried again, He has been AFK allot this past week doing stuff in real life, and AFK at our home with me.  He got back from doing some things in rl to find his game was down, he tried to log on only to get the notice that Logging failed, We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please contact Second Life support for assistance. He has done that with a couple tickets, I have also put in a ticket for his behalf.  There is no reply and get ignored. 

He did play and got a fare way within a hud game called prodigy. With that (as in any grid wide battle game) he has some haters. We suspect that someone within the game  put in fake reports, the type linden labs take seriously and don't ask for proof for, and has resulted in him being banned. As other then shopping, playing the hud games and hanging out on our land are the only things we do in second life and even then, he has been afk 80% the time this week doing renovations in rl. 

[Moderator Edit: Username Removed] is the latest av to have been banned. 

How long has it been since you sent in the tickets? It may take some time for the Lindens to look into things and respond, plus it is Ramadan and Eid in real life around now I believe. I doubt it is anyone in Progeny; yes, they can put in abuse reports but the Lindens would investigate, otherwise many of us would be banned for upsetting someone (plus LL don't deal with resident to resident disputes)

It may have slowed things down that you sent three tickets in between you, one is enough. Did you link the others to the main ticket?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
44 minutes ago, Pj Adder said:

So my partner has been banned yet again

when you get a ban from LL you'r not allowed to create a new account. If they find that, it will get banned also.
LL always gives a reason for the ban, it is send to the email that is registered on the account. It won't be a detailed reason, but they do send a message.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

When he was first banned he should have received an email from LL, with some information about the broad TOS violation, and how to appeal or at least request more information.  It probably would have been best to wait for a response with that first ticket.  

My understanding about when AR"s are filed against someone, LL goes to their log records to determine what did or did not happen.

My understanding of the TOS was that if you were banned, particularly if permament, creating a new account was not an OK thing to do.   

However, LL Support, through a Support ticket is really the only way for him to get more information and to try to resolve this - and the support ticket needs to be submitted by him, not by friends.  LL will only discuss account related issues with the person the account belongs to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, Liaa Nova said:

How long has it been since you sent in the tickets? It may take some time for the Lindens to look into things and respond, plus it is Ramadan and Eid in real life around now I believe. I doubt it is anyone in Progeny; yes, they can put in abuse reports but the Lindens would investigate, otherwise many of us would be banned for upsetting someone (plus LL don't deal with resident to resident disputes)

It may have slowed things down that you sent three tickets in between you, one is enough. Did you link the others to the main ticket?

if this was the first time yeah, but they dont reply or answer. There is no reason for a ban and no answers to what is going on. We where only guessing the progeny thing as there is nothing els, he logs in and hangs out with me on our land. he went to check out the eternal wars games but has hardly been on the past week.  his av has been on but he has been afk.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Pj Adder said:

if this was the first time yeah, but they dont reply or answer. There is no reason for a ban and no answers to what is going on. We where only guessing the progeny thing as there is nothing els, he logs in and hangs out with me on our land. he went to check out the eternal wars games but has hardly been on the past week.  his av has been on but he has been afk.  

 

Did you recieve the email the above posters mention? If not, maybe you could ask them to send it again so you then know the reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Liaa Nova said:

Did you recieve the email the above posters mention? If not, maybe you could ask them to send it again so you then know the reason

normally official personal messages from LL will also be available in the support portal. I'm not sure if ban announcements are also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Pj Adder said:

all he got was a note saying he broke TOS but not how or anything. 

more explanation you won't get.
But it will tell if its a temp or permanent ban.
And if it's the last he broke TOS again by creating a new account.

But this thread had run it's cause i guess, it will get locked by a mod if it's discussed in the deep. LL moderation is no point of discussion.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

more explanation you won't get.
But it will tell if its a temp or permanent ban.
And if it's the last he broke TOS again by creating a new account.

But this thread had run it's cause i guess, it will get locked by a mod if it's discussed in the deep. LL moderation is no point of discussion.

Yeah a reason or a explanation why would be nice. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...