Memories of games from long ago

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This game will in no way compete with LL, so I think I might get away with this post.

I saw a news article today about a game that will be coming out soon - for both Xbox and Windows pc.  The game is called Twelve Minutes and is a thriller about a man caught in a time loop.  It is an old-style point & click puzzle game, but I'm still quite looking forward to it coming out.  I loved those sorts of games eons ago (dated myself there).

Here's one of the news article that I saw - it includes a short demo of the game: 
https://www.shacknews.com/article/123553/twelve-minutes-releasing-very-very-soon-according-to-developer

The game website - https://twelveminutesgame.com/ - has more info.

Did you like those type of puzzle games? Will you play this one when it comes out?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This game will in no way compete with LL, so I think I might get away with this post.

I saw a news article today about a game that will be coming out soon - for both Xbox and Windows pc.  The game is called Twelve Minutes and is a thriller about a man caught in a time loop.  It is an old-style point & click puzzle game, but I'm still quite looking forward to it coming out.  I loved those sorts of games eons ago (dated myself there).

Here's one of the news article that I saw - it includes a short demo of the game: 
https://www.shacknews.com/article/123553/twelve-minutes-releasing-very-very-soon-according-to-developer

The game website - https://twelveminutesgame.com/ - has more info.

Did you like those type of puzzle games? Will you play this one when it comes out?

Retro styled games have been enjoying a big resurgence in the last few years. I remember playing King's Quest and Monkey Island with my dad when I was little. Good times and fond memories.

I tend to still like games like that and leave Call of Dookie to my husband. One of my favorite games of all time is Life is Strange, its more of a modern face of point and click adventures, but the concept is the same.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Retro styled games have been enjoying a big resurgence in the last few years. I remember playing King's Quest and Monkey Island with my dad when I was little. Good times and fond memories.

I tend to still like games like that and leave Call of Dookie to my husband. One of my favorite games of all time is Life is Strange, its more of a modern face of point and click adventures, but the concept is the same.

I've not even been looking at games in many years, as it seemed the puzzle style games were becoming a lost art and everyone was more interesting in the MMO games.  Thus I hadn't even heard about Life is Strange.  So, of course, I'm now going to have to check it out.

• Like 1

I would give my eye teeth for a 2021 3d graphics, super complicated top down scrolling space invaders clone.

I didn't know my teeth had eyes so I wouldn't be missing them anyways 😋

I cant find one! 😪 
I have spied a couple of Myst like point & clickers lately tho. 🧐

• Like 1

Not so much point and click puzzle games, aside from Dracula: Ressurection, which was great fun back then (and scarred me for life, not due to the story or the horror elements, but because of the character models!). The good thing about games though is that you don't really have to miss them, you can still play most of them (worst case scenario you'll just have to install an emulator). I recently replayed a game I loved as a kid; Birthright - the Gorgon's Alliance, which .. Became a whole lot easier now that I can actually understand English, unlike my 8 year old self button-mashing my way through it (strategy games don't really work well for that!). Back then games could last weeks .. Now I could conquer the entire map in a day.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

When I read the title I was thinking you meant games like Chess (1500 years old), pretty fun to play in world.

Even older is this Roman Game, simple rules but deceptively complex.

My favourite board game in SL (and RL - though I don't have as pretty an Othello board in RL) is the ancient game of Othello .. Anno 1971 .. But it is based on Reversi which is really old! .. Well, from 1883. But it's sort of like Chess. But better. 

• Like 2

For me, the best game of all time was Lemmings. The first 3 sets (Lemmings, Oh no! More Lemmings, and Lemmings Tribes) were the best, with Lemmings Tribes being the best of those by far. After that it went downhill. I still dig them out once in a while, just for some pleasant time-filling.

• Like 1

Having been an infant/child when Windows was first released and growing up to watch as the elementary school still used Apple IIe PCs .... I did not much get into computer based gaming until well after the introduction of Windows 95. The only computer game I fondly remember is Loom - on floppy disc no less!

No, my little gaming forays into the past are things like the Dragon Quest series, early Castlevania, Phantasy Star (IV specifically), Crystalis, Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger .... I could go on and on.

Suffice to say I was absolutely ecstatic to see a few of the above be remade over the years - among many others.

• Like 1

I used to play point-and-click games all the time, and mostly bought 2 or 3 games at a time from the shop.  I don't think I'd be interested in seeing the same 12 minutes repeat until I get it right.  I liked to wander off the obvious routes to look at the scenery, so I often got lost but mostly I didn't die (not with Lucas Arts anyway).   Now I'm nostalgic for the days of a small, underlit monitor (which actually enhanced Discworld) and downloading walkthroughs working out the game using my super intellect and determination.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.