I think its time I come clean. I have anger issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I wonder if explicit muppet sex is against the ToS or forum guidelines? 😏

Imagine the belly button lint! 😲🤢🤨

Two conversations at once really annoys me and I just have to get out of there.
Public spaces are generally a no-no for me unless I am super hyped to be somewhere or with someone where I have to be in a certain place.
(very rare occurrence indeed).
This goes hand in hand with eternal picking/guessing sound/instrument frequencies and testing to see if I was correct. (Hz/Mhz).🤪
Spending weeks & weeks & weeks choosing microphones and headphones for personal/creative use. 🥴🤭 
The above might be considered odd but I couldn't care less what others think about it and nor should you. 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know the feeling, I can't stand the sound of lip smacking, chewing, or sloppy licking noises be it from people OR animals. It made me loathe having a dog back when my parents got one I wasn't thrilled with, and my cat right now has a habit of "sucking" audibly on her fur when she grooms-- I have to either put my earbuds in loudly or nudge her/make her stop/leave the room. Sometimes even the repetitive motion of seeing her grooming one spot for minutes on end drives me up a wall. 😢  I've always felt legitimately bad about it but it's something I can't really help, so I have to put distance between myself and the offending noise before it triggers actual frustration. It's hard to explain too, like a mix of fight/flight reaction, a massive anxiety spike and the urge to act out aggressively if it goes on for too long.

Sometimes I can kind of "put up with it" for over 10 minutes but VERY begrudgingly so. I usually just have to remove myself from the room and typically have to deal with bs remarks from my family because of it lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On the flip side of the coin following a brain scan 20+ years later i was told i'd been hit so hard its a wonder i lived without medical intervention and i'd lost 50% of my hearing in both ears as a result .

The nurse/doctor who i'd never met before then went on to give me an astonishingly accurate account of how my childhood progressed/ended there . Adults liked to say i had selective hearing and punish me for it . Rage sustained me and within a year i was quick to fight back .

It is what it is and its no bad thing , many times life has tried to defeat me emotionally , mentally , physically but every time rage denied it .

So there you go your anger issues are not necessarily a bad thing .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/11/2021 at 6:43 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I guess I'll chalk up my misophonia (thanks, @Arduenn Schwartzman), to one such quirk and that I shouldn't beat myself up for it.

It is a huge challenge learning to live comfortably within ones own skin.  And triggers are a menace.  Acceptance. Forgiveness. Love. Growth. Its all a journey. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.