I think its time I come clean. I have anger issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean, I know everyone gets angry one way or another, but I get angry from certain types of loud noises. Maybe it's due to fear, but I can't help but feel angered when I hear these noises. It comes to the point where I feel like screaming or shouting.

I know, you're thinking, what kinds of noises? Unfortunately I cannot tell you right now because I'm afraid of the backlash. But it's bothered me my whole life and affected my personality and outlook on life.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

What is there to come clean about? The noises that emanate from this forum are zero.

Good take.

It's just that this leads me to have a very unpopular opinion about certain things than from most of you, then I will feel the need to "come clean".

2 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I mean, I know everyone gets angry one way or another, but I get angry from certain types of loud noises. Maybe it's due to fear, but I can't help but feel angered when I hear these noises. It comes to the point where I feel like screaming or shouting.

I know, you're thinking, what kinds of noises? Unfortunately I cannot tell you right now because I'm afraid of the backlash. But it's bothered me my whole life and affected my personality and outlook on life.

You aren't alone.

• Like 3

So, there are certain loud sounds, that you believe none of us get angry at and would think less of you if you are angry about it? It's kind of vague and I'm not sure if it really counts as coming clean. But, honestly I don't think you need to do this. I'm sure we all do things in real life that would be looked down by everyone if it ever became known, like not washing the dishes, or keeping the toilet lid up. That sort of thing.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

So, there are certain loud sounds, that you believe none of us get angry at and would think less of you if you are angry about it? It's kind of vague and I'm not sure if it really counts as coming clean. But, honestly I don't think you need to do this. I'm sure we all do things in real life that would be looked down by everyone if it ever became known, like not washing the dishes, or keeping the toilet lid up. That sort of thing.

I didn't do the dishes yesterday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had a right earbud go crazy on me with a painfully loud high pitch squeal out of nowhere. Like those jump scare sounds in movies only it didn't stop.

I was really angry at it and threw it against the window. That was more based on pain though.

• Like 1

Some days when I come home really frustrated and angry because of work.. I mean, The kind of angry where my husband can see it as soon as i get out of the jeep..

I just come in, put my clothes in the wash to get any possible covid off, jump in the shower and  have to have something loud play first.. Then once it's finished ,the rest is soul..

But the first song has to be good and loud and something that will take off the edge, otherwise the whole rest of my day will suck..

hehe

Something like this is always good.. then after, some good old school sounding soul music.. Then I'm reset.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Woot! David Grohl for the win! (Take me, David, I'm yours!)

5 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

People next door having noisy sex?

Just a guess.

• Haha 3

I don't like the city.  I don't like the skyscrapers, the congestion and the noise.  Too many cars, horns, planes, helicopters, endless noise.  I like living near a city so I can go to the museums and concerts but I have to live where it's quiet.  Some people love hustling, bustling noisy cities but I hate it. I'm always happy to see the sky.  I couldn't even live where there are skyscrapers.   I'm not sure what you are coming clean about quite frankly.

I also react badly to sudden noises such as things falling, I don't know of any remedy other than to let the initial flash just go through you and curb any instinctive reactions.

On a positive note, it could be a life-prolonger: one of my brothers is now a retired fire-fighter and related the following to me. It was observed quite a few years back that there was an unusually high number of heat-attacks amongst such retirees in their first few months, possibly due to the lack of adrenalin episodes they had previously been accustomed to, and the way round this was for people to phone up the retiree at unexpected moments just to perk them up a little. Treat your anger episodes as similar awakeners.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Now I am beginning to wondering if it's sounds while eating?  I've heard many people say they can't stand this.  It's not uncommon.   You may have issues with certain sounds but I'm also beginning to think it wouldn't be uncommon.   Plus, we all have our idiosyncrasies.   So, I wouldn't beat up on yourself about it.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.