I was bought a mesh item by my family to help me learn how to make animesh I believe the seller didn't build it it came from turbosquid

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ticket: #1672500, closed

I thought I should share this with everybody. I received abuse on a market place  listing  from this seller (not named here )  on her page and several other avatar unknown to me had similar problems with her mesh kit . My problem was that I asked her very nicely  to add fire and paid her  additional 500L to supply it.  Eventually all Linden money was paid back but grief is still up there on Market Place on the listing . I contacted Linden on Support Ticket and Turbosquid who had a no-sale license on model  but free to use for non commercial use,  but grief by seller is still there not removed . I believe she then went on to use alts to post favorable reviews on this 3500L listed item to defend it, even though what was pictured in sale page was not available to buyer . When she refunded  she told me that if I rezzed the item i would be in breach of TOS even though it is still listed as purchased on my account. Am I supposed to forget this and move on ?

I am now attempting to build my own which I intend to give away free to everyone especially those who have been kind enough to help me .  How can her grief inflicted on me and others be removed from her listing? 

7 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, VirtualKitten said:

Ticket: #1672500, closed

I thought I should share this with everybody. I received abuse on a market place  listing  from this seller (not named here )  on her page and several other avatar unknown to me had similar problems with her mesh kit . My problem was that I asked her very nicely  to add fire and paid her  additional 500L to supply it.  Eventually all Linden money was paid back but grief is still up there on Market Place on the listing . I contacted Linden on Support Ticket and Turbosquid who had a no-sale license on model  but free to use for non commercial use,  but grief by seller is still there not removed . I believe she then went on to use alts to post favorable reviews on this 3500L listed item to defend it, even though what was pictured in sale page was not available to buyer . When she refunded  she told me that if I rezzed the item i would be in breach of TOS even though it is still listed as purchased on my account. Am I supposed to forget this and move on ?

I am now attempting to build my own which I intend to give away free to everyone especially those who have been kind enough to help me .  How can her grief inflicted on me and others be removed from her listing? 

unless you are the owner of the rights on that specific item, your crusade is waste of time. Just as user you have no claim, and, mostly non,  company will act on it. LL most likely also won't respond on a ticket, but the owner of the rights has to file a DMCA.

The only thing you cán do.... don't buy it when you see it offered.

note; if you build your own, and it looks like the original, ánd you give it away, could even lead to get a DMCA on your product...

Edited by Alwin Alcott

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

unless you are the owner of the rights on that specific item, your crusade is waste of time. Just as user you have no claim, and, mostly non,  company will act on it. LL most likely also won't respond on a ticket, but the owner of the rights has to file a DMCA.

The only thing you cán do.... don't buy it when you see it offered.

note; if you build your own, and it looks like the original, ánd you give it away, could even lead to get a DMCA on your product...

1 hour ago, VirtualKitten said:

I didn't really understand your response ..... as you seem to have a crusade of your own ?

pretty clear you don't understand it.
short said : it is not your business to report it, only the OWNER of the original items can do it.

I have no crusade, no interest or any profit in issues like this, just answering a case that isnt one.

4 hours ago, VirtualKitten said:

How can her grief inflicted on me and others be removed from her listing? 

Although you have asked a question, there is nothing anyone here can do for you nor any answer besides the one @Alwin Alcottgave you.  Only the owner of the original item can file a DCMA.  LL will not take action on a third parties' claim.

Any hate speech would be handled by an abuse report.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 1:04 PM, VirtualKitten said:

I wanted to know how to have this removed from MP sellers listing?

All you can do is report it to Turbosquid and let them take care of it. If you understand you right, you have already done this,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

DMCA

I didn't really understand your response @Alcott. its not a crusade I gave up with writing to Linden long ago hence why its crossed out . Here I just asked about the grief  and hate speech which i think this comes under this is mostly illegal in most countries listed as hate speech have laws and regulations  https://actiononprejudice.info/app/uploads/2018/02/Hate-Online.pdf I wanted to know how to have this removed from MP sellers listing?

Caveat emptor if you buy her products. So are you suggesting half of MP listings are in breach of [DCMA] as there is a lot of similar items which would fall under your suggestions. . If she can sell something which is not her mesh  to sell why cant i write same create same animesh and give it away inline with turbosquid  terms of use (http://blog.turbosquid.com/turbosquid-3d-model-license ) ? Who is breaking TOS here the seller or me? When can I expect you to action these items which "looks like the original" copies on MP as you seem to have a crusade of your own ?

Edited by VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.