Deploy Plan for the Week of 2021-05-10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server:

No updates for regions that were updated to version 2021-04-21.558586 last week.

Second Life RC:

After reading your feedback regarding llOpenFloater it’s clear we need to take another week to ensure that the only way this feature can or will be used is for New User Experience guidance. We’ll have an updated build and more details next week, thanks for your patience!

On Region Restarts:

Because we've had deploys for the last two weeks, we don't anticipate any additional rolling restarts needing for this week, but if we find any regions that have been up for more than 10 days we'll be sure to restart them.

Edited by Mazidox Linden
No Wednesday RC Roll
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 5/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, Mazidox Linden said:

After reading your feedback regarding llOpenFloater it’s clear we need to take another week to ensure that the only way this feature can or will be used is for New User Experience guidance. We’ll have an updated build and more details next week, thanks for your patience!

Excellent !

While you are at it, why not giving this LSL function a name that is unambiguous (OpenFloater is terrible, since almost everything happens in a floater in SL): llWebUserGuide(), for example ?

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, Mazidox Linden said:

We’ll have an updated build and more details next week

Really? More details? Where?

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 1

Well over on Binneed sim and all those in area, we've not had restarts for 3 weeks and sim crossings are terrible for flying or boating activities .  So as  I rent Binneed I'd be grateful for a restart ASAP.   To be honest, its always like that over here ie 20 odd days between restarts and, frankly, I'm suprised at comments such as if sims go longer than 10 days for a restart LL will do a restart for sims going over this time scale .  So please lets get back to weekly restarts  as its just sheer lazyness  .  I've been on SL for 15 years and getting frustrated with lack of restarts .

Warm regards and have fun everyond...............  lack of restarts permitting of course 

XX

• Thanks 1

's remarkable.  The last Linden post on this thread was 11th of this month.  Not a peep from them since.  Tomorrow (well today my time actually now) we are promised a Main Server Roll by the Grid Status Page (yes I know it is most likely auto-generated) and noth will appear until I am firmly asleep as will be most, if not all, Europeans and those East of the Mediterranean.  It's poor service for those who make up a large minority (at least) of Linden Lab's userbase.

For once this week it is NOT obvious which of the week before last's two RC channel versions will be promoted.  I assume (I have to there is no official information) that one of them was rolled to the majority of RC Channel regions last week and that one will come to Main Server this week, but the obvious does not always happen in SL.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Aishagain said:

for those who make up a large minority (at least) of Linden Lab's userbase.

An interesting thought - a large minority by total accounts, or a large minority by regular logins? Maybe, by the latter, not even a minority? We'll probably never know but, for sure, non-USA folk end up paying a lot more for lesser facilities. That's (second) life!

• Like 1

OK, this is beyond unreasonable.  My region, Woods of Heaven was just restarted, 22 minutes into the Roll and yet NOTHING has been posted in this forum about WHAT is being rolled!

LL what do you think you are doing? Are you actively trying to alienate your user-base?

For heaven's sake get your act together.

Edited by Aishagain
Grammar correction
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

LL what do you think you are doing? Are you actively trying to alienate your user-base?

Basic principles of business 'Get Customers, KEEP THEM'.

1. Get Customers: Very Expensive.
  2. Keep them:  Very much cheaper.

And what is worse the more you loose (2) the more expensive (1) becomes because they add to your bad representation in the market.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.