Sharing Land ❤️

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone!

I’m currently wondering if there is a way a rented sim or homestead could be shared between a few people to save on costs and allow more prims than the standard rentals that are smaller? Does anyone do this? Or have done this? I don’t earn a heck of a lot in RL and have young family dependent on me but I’m still searching for that ideal size plot with enough prims and hopefully some friends to share it with! X

Of course you can share the costs with friends but the size and prim allowance will always be the same.  There's also forming a group which all members donate their mainland 1024 allowance to which will increase the amount the group as a whole can own.  @LittleMe Jewellis better at explaining that.

Full Regions:

Mainland: 22,500 prims

Private estates:

20,000.prims at the same tier price OR

30,000 prims for an additional US $30 a month (+a one-off US $30 conversion fee to add / remove the extra 10K allowance)

Homesteads: 5,000 prims (Mainland and private)

Smaller parcel sizes and prim allowance below.

Screenshot_20210510-164816.png

Many thanks for your reply!!! It’s just the cost for me of the premium plus land tier I can’t afford it 😢 

but would happily divide it say into four that would give us all 5000 prims still with a more affordability, but I just don’t know I’m just so tired of not ever having about prims 

il look into it more based on what you have said thank you 🙏🏼 x

Edited by Vickylittlethang

28 minutes ago, Vickylittlethang said:

Hi Everyone!

I’m currently wondering if there is a way a rented sim or homestead could be shared between a few people to save on costs and allow more prims than the standard rentals that are smaller? Does anyone do this? Or have done this? I don’t earn a heck of a lot in RL and have young family dependent on me but I’m still searching for that ideal size plot with enough prims and hopefully some friends to share it with! X

It is definitely possible for a single person to rent from an inworld person/company and have roommates that reimburse for part of the rental fee -- and typically the land could be set to a group that everyone belongs to, so that they can all rez items.  However, their isn't a way for multiple people to all be the official renters of a single parcel.  Only one person will actually be responsible for the payments and if they don't pay then the rental parcel will be reclaimed.  And there is no way for that one person to actually make any roommates pay them - other than kicking anyone out that doesn't pay.  

If you can afford Premium and find like-minded Premium friends, you could all donate your 1024 tier allowance to a group and then buy some mainland for the group.  There are pitfalls with that approach, especially if you don't fully know & trust the other people.

Personally, I'd recommend posting a thread in the Make Friends section, stating that you'd like to share a place with someone.  Mention how much you'd be willing to pay, weekly or monthly, and how many prims/LI you would like to have.  There are often folks that have places way too big for them and they would love having someone to share expenses with.

• Like 2

Depending on how many prims you think you will want for yourself, from the parcel, it might be better to look into whether you could rent a parcel on your own that would support the approximate number of prims that you want, rather than depending on contributions (either lindens for rent or donation of tier) from others.   What seems like a good idea this month may not seem like a good idea for someone in the group next month, and they may decide to move on.  SL residents can be fickle and not always into long commitments.

There is not a "standard size"  rental - you can likely find rentals from anywhere from a 512 sqm parcel to a full region, and many options in-between.  There are private estate companies that rent 1/2 regions or 1/4 regions (as well as 1/8,  1/16, 1/32 and possibly other sizes).   

Many of the large land rental companies will have a website which lists available parcels, many letting you filter on size, prim allowance, cost, etc.,  Look in the following forum sections  for some names / locations of some of the rental companies, to get a start at seeing what's available and what the costs are:

Region for Rent: Full Private Island - Second Life Community              

Region Rentals: Homestead - Second Life Community

Parcels for Rent: Mainland - Second Life Community

Also look in the Marketplace under "Real Estate" for more info on people renting or selling land.  (The MP items for land are typically L$0 because what you are "purchasing" from the MP in this instance is a LM to the parcel and/or rental/sale office, and/or a link to their web site showing available parcels.)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vickylittlethang said:

Thank you this is literally the best advice you could have given me. I will make that thread! Thanks so much I don’t fully understand the donating thing but il also research that.

thank you! Xx

I also gave you some info in PM.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.