Help? New Creator

MrsRomun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi so I was wondering and hoping, that someone would be available to help me learn, meshing + rigging clothes for second life! I have downloaded Blender + Marvelous Designer. I have been searching YouTube and nothing makes sense to me. PLS HELP. I am willing to PAY for lessons.

So you know -- since you appear to be new -- making rigged clothing for various mesh bodies using MD and Blender (with Avastar) is one of the most difficult things to do creation wise in Second Life. 

So BEFORE you get a tutor if you can find one  -- you need to learn all about Blender and MD.   And THEN work on how to get the MD designed  clothing into Blender and then into SL.   

There are plenty of general Blender tutorials (look for ones that match the current version of Blender you are using to keep the confusion down). And MD by itself is pretty fun and there are tutorials for it too.    When you have all those things worked out, THEN maybe look for someone to help with the final steps.   It is a very long road but if you enjoy it then it is fun and not work. 

Good luck.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MrsRomun said:

How am I expect to "sharpen my tools" if I don't even understand my "tools"

Start with that part then.

5 hours ago, MrsRomun said:

I have downloaded Blender + Marvelous Designer.

Sounds like a legit license.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2021 at 2:18 PM, MrsRomun said:

Hi so I was wondering and hoping, that someone would be available to help me learn, meshing + rigging clothes for second life! I have downloaded Blender + Marvelous Designer. I have been searching YouTube and nothing makes sense to me. PLS HELP. I am willing to PAY for lessons.

You could hire a tutor, but I recommend classes in SL -- they will tell you what works best here, and the group members can give advice during those stuck times when it's so easy to give up.

Tutors can be quite expensive, and to learn what you need can take a long while. For example, the Blender Benders course takes an entire year of weekly meetings.

Blender Benders is the class I took.

Builder's Brewery also has classes but I'm not familiar with them.

Edited by Luna Bliss

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 3:10 AM, Spider Mycron said:

Hello

if you able to create your mesh or clothes inside blender i can teach you every step to rig it and bring it to second life

just IM me inworld

Spider Mycron

I sent you a friend request on Second Life. I do not know how to mesh yet at all. I want to learn.

Don't just jump into creating clothing, work on learning the ins and out of Blender first. There is a lot that you need to be able to do and understand before even trying to start on clothing. There are going to be a lot of headaches in the process, so take your time with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 94 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.