SL18B EXHIBITORS SCHEDULE QUESTIONS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

52 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Hola Moles!

Was wondering when and how those of us who applied for an exhibitors space at SL18B will be notified if our application has been accepted and what the schedule will be.  

Thank you.

From #13 of the Exhibitor Rules:  All exhibitors will be contacted no later than June 1.

I don't recall seeing any other dates mentioned.  I take the statement to mean that you might be contacted before June 1st, but definitely no later than June 1st.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All exhibitors will be contacted no later than June 1.

This means all applicants will receive a reply by June 1st. To my mind that is saying if you don't receive an acceptance email by the 1st of June, you won't get one because they will stop sending them out on the 1st. I assume not getting one would mean the app has not been accepted. Hopefully someone had enough sense to realize they need to send out emails to those they do not accept as well. That would be some bad PR mojo if they don't.

On 5/10/2021 at 8:59 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

This means all applicants will receive a reply by June 1st. To my mind that is saying if you don't receive an acceptance email by the 1st of June, you won't get one because they will stop sending them out on the 1st. I assume not getting one would mean the app has not been accepted. Hopefully someone had enough sense to realize they need to send out emails to those they do not accept as well. That would be some bad PR mojo if they don't.

I want back and checked the application and there is no email field or I missed it twice.  So wondering how they will be contacting people.   

Also June 1st is cutting it a bit close.-- SL18B opens on June 17.   I recall there being more build, check & fix time for previous SLB's. 

20 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

I want back and checked the application and there is no email field or I missed it twice.  So wondering how they will be contacting people.   

Also June 1st is cutting it a bit close.-- SL18B opens on June 17.   I recall there being more build, check & fix time for previous SLB's. 

I gave up on SLBs over a decade ago so your best bet would be to ask someone who has recent knowledge of how it works now. Or you could file a support ticket and ask LL. They do encourage people to use the support ticket system when they have questions regarding LL that can't be answered by... whatever they are calling the inworld help now. Premium was another thing I had to give up long ago.

38 minutes ago, Pixels Sideways said:

Every account is supposed to have a valid email associated with it, so LL might use that -- or send an inworld IM - or both.

• Moles

Those who applied as an exhibitor will be contacted In-World by IM and Notecard before June 1st. This most likely will be done by  Mischievious Mole or myself (Squeaky Mole), you'll also be contacted if your application was not accepted. Invitations will be starting this week, but please keep in mind we have over 250 applications and every application is reviewed one by one.

For any SLB related questions I suggest asking your question in the in-world birthday group or contacting Mischievious Mole or myself (Squeaky Mole) by Instant Message.

Hope to see you at SL18B!

Edited by Squeaky Mole
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Every account is supposed to have a valid email associated with it, so LL might use that -- or send an inworld IM - or both.

I was going to say that but somehow the words kept sounding like it was something bad because I don't know if LL can see the full email addy or if they are truncated. If truncated would they still be able to use it? 

Seems to me that since LL does have email addies "on file" they should be able to send even if they are truncated but I have no clue how LL has that set up.

On 5/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, Squeaky Mole said:

Those who applied as an exhibitor will be contacted In-World by IM and Notecard before June 1st. This most likely will be done by  Mischievious Mole or myself (Squeaky Mole), you'll also be contacted if your application was not accepted. Invitations will be starting this week, but please keep in mind we have over 250 applications and every application is reviewed one by one.

For any SLB related questions I suggest asking your question in the in-world birthday group or contacting Mischievious Mole or myself (Squeaky Mole) by Instant Message.

Hope to see you at SL18B!

Thank you Squeaky. xo

On 5/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, Squeaky Mole said:

Those who applied as an exhibitor will be contacted In-World by IM and Notecard before June 1st.

Sooner would be better (especially for those who have applied for larger plots if possible), mesh builds can take a lot longer to work up from scratch and right now some of us don't even know what size we're supposed to be targeting.

• Moles
On 5/11/2021 at 7:46 PM, Polenth Yue said:

I got the acceptance notecard for SL16B on 21st May 2019 and SL17B on 14th May 2020. It doesn't look like this year is going to be wildly different to the previous couple.

No promises but right now your guess seems to be correct, Exhibitors will likely start to be contacted this week or next week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.