Where to find hotspots for black people?

Maddiiieee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen many of these forums that have a full debate about racial issues on SL, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm a black, bi-sexual woman, and I'm honestly in such of areas that I can hang so that I'm able to meet new people. I don't have an issue with other races it's just that for me personally I'd prefer to spend my time in area where there's more people like me. I joined SL a year ago, though I've never really gotten into until this year. I strongly desire an area for me to make friends and such but it's hard to do that as a new come. No my avatar does not look the bomb.com but I'd still like to meet people and make friends. I've searched via YouTube as well as other forums to find hotspots, I've even asked the question in a few discords however I always come up short because the discussion always turns racial. I just want a place to hang, and meet new people. So if someone could provide landmarks for me that'd be great. You can IM @Maddiiieee in world for you'd like to be friends. 

• Like 5

The problem is  -- which I think you must know if you have been active for a year -- but maybe not "so" active -- is that there are no guarantees in SL that the person you are talking to is indeed who or what they say they are. They "could" be or they could be completely different. So I really don't think what you seem to be looking for is here.  You might be able to find a place where folk ROLEPLAY being black (and some may be) but again -- you won't really KNOW that.  

Kind of like a fake picture on a web dating site :D.  Maybe just going out and trying to make friends IN GENERAL would be a good plan. Personally I don't care anything about what people are in RL -- except maybe a serial killer or something as bad :D.   We are what we are here.  And yes, I am a gal and NO I am SO NOT TALL.   

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Maddiiieee said:

I've seen many of these forums that have a full debate about racial issues on SL, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm a black, bi-sexual woman, and I'm honestly in such of areas that I can hang so that I'm able to meet new people. I don't have an issue with other races it's just that for me personally I'd prefer to spend my time in area where there's more people like me. I joined SL a year ago, though I've never really gotten into until this year. I strongly desire an area for me to make friends and such but it's hard to do that as a new come. No my avatar does not look the bomb.com but I'd still like to meet people and make friends. I've searched via YouTube as well as other forums to find hotspots, I've even asked the question in a few discords however I always come up short because the discussion always turns racial. I just want a place to hang, and meet new people. So if someone could provide landmarks for me that'd be great. You can IM @Maddiiieee in world for you'd like to be friends. 

Soul Evolutions

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Twilight Desires/141/9/22

beYou is also a.popular RPish group.  Family oriented.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The problem is  -- which I think you must know if you have been active for a year -- but maybe not "so" active -- is that there are no guarantees in SL that the person you are talking to is indeed who or what they say they are. They "could" be or they could be completely different. So I really don't think what you seem to be looking for is here.  You might be able to find a place where folk ROLEPLAY being black (and some may be) but again -- you won't really KNOW that.  

Kind of like a fake picture on a web dating site :D.  Maybe just going out and trying to make friends IN GENERAL would be a good plan. Personally I don't care anything about what people are in RL -- except maybe a serial killer or something as bad :D.   We are what we are here.  And yes, I am a gal and NO I am SO NOT TALL.   

Like I've said before I don't have an issue with race specifically. I've tried going out to make friends in general but the conversations don't stick. If you roleplay being black then that's all a you thing...I just want to know where can I find them. I have a select number of friends on here, I'd love to add more to the list.

• Like 3

Really? "I want to find a place that racially segregates, but I don't want this to be about race."

The reason you're struggling to find a place like that is because in SL, that's not really a thing. The advice is to do the things you like to do and you'll meet like minded people in the process. There aren't many places just for "a certain kind only" in SL.

Well. Except for furries and lesbians. They corner that market.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Well. Except for furries and lesbians. They corner that market.

I once stumbled into a brony hangout whilst exploring, and whilst the venue rules said 'everyone welcome', some of the people there were really salty about my bipedal presence. I haven't seen many bronies around recently though, but then I haven't been looking for them either. Are they still a thing?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I once stumbled into a brony hangout whilst exploring, and whilst the venue rules said 'everyone welcome', some of the people there were really salty about my bipedal presence. I haven't seen many bronies around recently though, but then I haven't been looking for them either. Are they still a thing?

I had to Google to find out what a brony is.  I feel an overwhelming need to mock you for knowing this @Orwar!

ExemplaryBeautifulHornet-size_restricted.gif

Just now, Jordan Whitt said:

I had to Google to find out what a brony is.  I feel an overwhelming need to mock you for knowing this @Orwar!

I feel an overwhelming need to bite you. ^_^

12 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'm toxic.

No.

If I bite you and I die, you're poisonous.

If I bite you and you die, I'm venomous.

If you are toxic, you are an inanimate element or compound.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Maddiiieee said:

I don't have an issue with other races it's just that for me personally I'd prefer to spend my time in area where there's more people like me.

If you do things that you like to do, you'll have a good chance of finding people who are "like you".

But if you are really set on sharing a common cultural background, then I suppose you could search for groups to join. I've never searched for social groups myself but just a suggestion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caroline Takeda said:

Avatars do not fall under that category?

That depends on your philosophical perspective on what constitutes an avatar. One could argue that the data that is the makeup of an avatar isn't biological and, thus, is inanimate. But, to push the boundaries of that thought, what about an artificial intelligence in a robot constructed out of toxic materials, would it be toxic or poisonous - or if you built a robot that bites people to inject toxins into its victims, whilst meanwhile having an artificial intelligence of such a high degree that it is 'mentally' indistinguishable from a living being - is it then venomous? 

Can artificial intelligence ever be considered a living entity? Do robots dream of electric sheep? What is life, and does it have a purpose? What happens with all those socks that vanish in the washing machines? 

well my friend and i aren't black but we're always down to make actual friends here. if you wanna add me you can! we mostly just go to random places and mess around and try to talk to people and go shopping. it's not like you'll have the time of your life but it's something to do at least. i do understand what you mean though. i can't count how many times i've been in a voice sim and there's just constant use of the n-word because they're safe behind their computer. there's always someone that ruins the chill experience we're all trying to find here. so i can understand why you'd want to try to find like minded people and not have to deal with that BS.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AlmondJoy69 said:

well my friend and i aren't black but we're always down to make actual friends here. if you wanna add me you can! we mostly just go to random places and mess around and try to talk to people and go shopping. it's not like you'll have the time of your life but it's something to do at least. i do understand what you mean though. i can't count how many times i've been in a voice sim and there's just constant use of the n-word because they're safe behind their computer. there's always someone that ruins the chill experience we're all trying to find here. so i can understand why you'd want to try to find like minded people and not have to deal with that BS.

Well...she specifically said she was looking for black people.  I cannot imagine how a post would go over if someone posted that they were looking to just hang out with white people. Probably not very well.

• Like 8

Isn't this taking it a bit far? She said she would like to meet more black people. Not that she is against meeting white people. Put the pitchforks away folks. As a trans person, I would like to know more trans people too. Doesn't mean I DONT want to meet cis people. Its just...you know.....your kinda everywhere already :P

Edited by AnnabelleApocalypse
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Well...she specifically said she was looking for black people.  I cannot imagine how a post would go over if someone posted that they were looking to just hang out with white people. Probably not very well.

Not any different than people asking for LGBT etc. friendly places or furry friendly places.  Since the majority of SL places I go are more white people than black, it's as legitimate question as any.  But just like people asking for places for other things, people mingle in all kinds of places.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, xBaeBeex said:

Me and Sam here havent gotten along so well on the boards, but she got a good point.. if this was a white woman wanting white only friends this thread would turn sour.. not point trying to debate a fact. 

Because there is no place I've gone that hasn't had a majority of white people.  If someone did ask, it probably would be to start an uproar.  We've had people ask where all the short men are, where lesbians go, best furry spots but because she asks for black people, she's wrong?  She didn't ask where only black people go.  If hypocrisy is applied, it must be applied to all.

• Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.