Watching Video/TV In the Viewer - Why ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Because before Covid there wasn't a way to watch TV with friends across the world. So I bought an SL TV and we had movie nights in SL with soda and popcorn or whatever you had on hand in RL. It was fun while it lasted then it kind of evolved into a habit I still have in RL. Having the TV on for "company". The sound of voices more than anything. Then MOAP happened and that was the end of that. I haven't bothered with trying it again because it just isn't fun watching a movie alone all the time. Just some times.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Immersion

Molly wears an attached ipod-like that plays music streams. Because Molly says that when I play music on my Tune-in Radio app then she can't hear it. Avatars are just like that sometimes. I think avatars can't actually hear anything, but Molly says pfft! what do I know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

we had movie nights in SL with soda and popcorn or whatever you had on hand in RL

this can still be done in SL. All the people watching the same frame of the movie at the same time

we have to have our own server (or a commercial one that does this). When a person connects then it skips to the frame that is playing in server time

pick-a-movie/pause/rewind/fast forward action controls on the SL device.  When touched then message to server. Action then performed on the server. Everybody connected sees the same action at the same time

19 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this can still be done in SL. All the people watching the same frame of the movie at the same time

we have to have our own server (or a commercial one that does this). When a person connects then it skips to the frame that is playing in server time

pick-a-movie/pause/rewind/fast forward action controls on the SL device.  When touched then message to server. Action then performed on the server. Everybody connected sees the same action at the same time

Did you miss this part? 

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

it just isn't fun watching a movie alone all the time.

😊

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If you have a TV or video player rezzed in your home (etc) and watch TV or video while logged into SL, why do you do this ?

Immersion ?

Only way to access certain content ?

Novelty ?

Masochism ?

For movie nights with my girl and our friends :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Did you miss this part? 

😊

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Then MOAP happened and that was the end of that.

not sure then why you said this. As it is MOAP that enables people in different locations to watch the same frame of a movie at the same time

I like to sit on my computer to play games so I can log inworld to sit on my computer and play games, while I'm on my computer and playing a game :D

I honestly do the TV watching inworld for the immersion on roleplaying part, though the built in browsers can be a little clunky and hard to deal with. Me and virtual tech don't get along well.

53 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

not sure then why you said this. As it is MOAP that enables people in different locations to watch the same frame of a movie at the same time

Because that was the order in which things occurred. The frame thing was never an issue. Never even heard of it until now. I made the decision to not bother watching in world any more because I was always alone. That's all there was to it and that is all I said so I don't get why people are asking me these questions. 🤔

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.