Where do you hang out?

Ember Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm finding it hard to find active sims where people type in public chat. But I'm sure there are places where it is active. It can be voice or non voice and preferably not where it's super Adult oriented where someone only IMs you if they're interested in anything sexual. Strangely enough I can't find a lot of forum questions that ask this same question.

I would really prefer maybe a 39 and under type crowd but I know sim's are not dedicated to one type of age group unless it's 18+ which I understand. 

I just started hanging out on SL again with my friend/SLpartner but we have a hard time finding decent places to talk to people unless we go and browse around adult sims, but it's not totally a place to make actual friends. Honestly we would just LOVE any type of public interaction!

Any suggestions are appreciated if you're willing to share your hangout spots!

Edited by AlmondJoy69
  • Like 2

Hi there. I tend to hang around business park and I then often go to fishing places with people. Fish hunting tends to be quite social and I have met some awesome people when doing fishing in secondlife. You will find that you'll find quite a few people fishing and playing games to earn lindens. You can come to check out business park which is the place where the fish hunt HQ is and also goldhunt too. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Business Park/98/158/22

There are also many fishing lands on LGH's website too that a lot of people go to. Most people will tend to be at the multiplier fishing events though mostly.

http://www.goldtokens.net/

this goldtokens website is where you'll find more fishing lands and goldhunt lands where you could meet people :D

Other than that you'll generally find a lot of people at clubs too and other linden earning games around secondlife mostly :).

Edited by Robotshaz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlmondJoy69 said:

I'm finding it hard to find active sims where people type in public chat. But I'm sure there are places where it is active. It can be voice or non voice and preferably not where it's super Adult oriented where someone only IMs you if they're interested in anything sexual. Strangely enough I can't find a lot of forum questions that ask this same question.

I would really prefer maybe a 39 and under type crowd but I know sim's are not dedicated to one type of age group unless it's 18+ which I understand. 

I just started hanging out on SL again with my friend/SLpartner but we have a hard time finding decent places to talk to people unless we go and browse around adult sims, but it's not totally a place to make actual friends. Honestly we would just LOVE any type of public interaction!

Any suggestions are appreciated if you're willing to share your hangout spots!

Depending on your time zone - try us out - ShenaniganS Music Cafe...

Destination Guide - we're mostly adults that hang out there but all that means is that the conversation in local can go anywhere from bodily functions to food to movies, we don't get crowds there (probably because we're not a pickup joint) but the folks that do come tend to be interested in sharing music and enjoying themselves in a way that doesn't involve being cockwombles to each other.

You can see what's happening by visiting our website - there's an "active/live"  calendar on the right side of the screen - ShenaniganS website

18 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I stay on my skypad, rarely venturing out...cos people...

200 (1).gif

Amen to that, girl! :D

As for good public chat spots, you can try the ones listed in the Destination for starters or some of the more common clubs and pubs. People there are usually talkative. As for the voice preferred places I really can't say since I'm the type of person who prefers to have music constantly playing over listening to others, but you can either try browsing sims through the Destination Guide in the homepage or use the inworld search using keywords and check the places with high Traffic amounts, they usually have more visitors.

As many Bellisseria parties as I can, though I usually miss the Blues Cafe as it's too early for me. I usualy get to Far's Friday party and often to the daily boat  parade.  Bellisseria people are lovely and friendly. 

• 1 month later...

My wife and I are always working on our half sim - Terminal City Social Club and Hangout.

Weekends is when you will find us there. Unless... we are out shopping for more stuff for our land... =)

Drop by, its worth the visit. Take your photo with a shark with a frickin' laser on its frickin' head!

Terminal City Social Club.jpg

shark beach photo.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.