• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my second jab this afternoon, so the WiFi transmitter software should be activated by now. But, damn, I still have to use my keyboard to get this message in this thread. If that's still t

Moderna round 2 yesterday. My arm feels like its been walloped, got no sleep, aches & pains, minor fever and a delightful mood. When this is all over I'm getting my nails done. Impractically

For me it is very simple. I have 2 very good general practitioners, that I fully trust. And they have invited me for the vaccinations. That means they think it is in my best interest to take them. W

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

As I said at the start of my post...I live in a country with 27 active cases of Covid and all of them are people who came into the country and are in managed isolation, so right now (at least) the risk of not being vaccinated is kinda low.  Will I change my mind if things change?  We shall see.

2f88a2fd70a649a297a53ed4392e0f47.png

As I said in another post, I can see why the advice varies from country to country!

In my case -- age and health condition that put me at severe risk, plus very high infection levels -- I was glad to follow it, but I think all we can do is follow the best advice available, which for most of us is that provided by our own health authorities.

• Like 5

Corona viruses have been around for a long time and these big pharma companies have been working on Corona vaccines for decades.  Adapting the genome of the SARS-CoV2 virus was an easy thing hence the seemingly fast release of the vaccine.  These are just as safe as any other vaccine.  Of course there will be isolated cases of side effects due to the sheer number of people getting vaccinated but I still think the side effects are better than being intubated in an ICU bed.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)

For me it is very simple. I have 2 very good general practitioners, that I fully trust. And they have invited me for the vaccinations.
That means they think it is in my best interest to take them. Who am I then, to not take them?  They are the professionals, not me. I'm not going to wade trough the tons of information on various sites and media. They know where to find all the relevant information.

When I take the bus I trust the professionalism of the bus driver, when my tooth needs some repair I trust the dentist.
When I need a vaccination I trust the doctors. They decided that AstraZeneca was good for me, so AstraZeneca it will be.

We have excellent healthcare in the Netherlands. Always in the top 5 when lists are made.
Often in the top 3. Why question their professional capacities?

Sometimes life can be so easy with a little trust.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

They decided that AstraZeneca was good for me, so AstraZeneca it will be.

We have excellent healthcare in the Netherlands. Always in the top 5 when lists are made.

true... just came home.. also AZ...(1st)

AND.... my arm is still attached!!, no beep tones comming from my arm and no bright lights in my mirror on the way home by the secret service able to follow me now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

I'm going into day 3 of side effects, each night easier than the last.

First night was like the worst flu I've ever had.

i hear ya.. Second dose of pfizer wiped out my arm from the shoulder down and i felt like death warmed over for about 4 days.. My arm hurt for almost a  week. I still advocate for anyone getting the shot. What scares me are the people in the US that say they dont need one or wont get one. My cousin is a child care worker and thinks she will still have a business if she doesnt get the shots. 

• Sad 2
12 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

What scares me are the people in the US that say they dont need one or wont get one

I know people that are anti vaccine/I don't need one I have an immune system that will save me and won't get it done. Whenever I see something like that I have to chuckle. I too have an immune system if I hadn't been jabbed, it won't be much good to me as it is 'turned off' by drugs to stop my body attacking it's self. 

• Like 1

I've had 2 shots of Pfizer.  1st one, sore arm for 2 days, and 2 days feeling one-degree under - nothing specific.  2nd dose, no symptoms at all, arm not sore 10 minutes after the jab.

My opinion is that having the shot, or not, is a personal choice.  However, Child and Senior care staff should be fired if they refuse it.  Medics and nurses who refuse it should be fired too, and have their license suspended.  This is to protect those that they are employed to care for, and has nothing to do with their own immunity.

I feel the same way about masks, it has nothing to do with your own risk, but everything to do with the risk you pose to others.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

However, Child and Senior care staff should be fired if they refuse it.  Medics and nurses who refuse it should be fired too, and have their license suspended.

👍

• Like 2

I got two Pfizers. Both shots gave me a sore arm for three days. And a bit tired for a day, nothing else.

Second Pfizer laid out my partner for three days.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

My opinion is that having the shot, or not, is a personal choice.  However, Child and Senior care staff should be fired if they refuse it.  Medics and nurses who refuse it should be fired too, and have their license suspended.  This is to protect those that they are employed to care for, and has nothing to do with their own immunity.

That would be premature until they conclusively prove that vaccinated asymptomatic cases do not still transmit the virus to others. In fact, vaccinated health care workers would be even more of a threat to their patients being that their symptoms would be so mild they wouldn't know they have it and therefore be spreading it more so then the unvaccinated one who would realize they are sick and stay home. 

27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That would be premature until they conclusively prove that vaccinated asymptomatic cases do not still transmit the virus to others. In fact, vaccinated health care workers would be even more of a threat to their patients being that their symptoms would be so mild they wouldn't know they have it and therefore be spreading it more so then the unvaccinated one who would realize they are sick and stay home. 

Total garbage.

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
3 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

If we have high rates of compliance with vaccination there won't be much virus circulating to catch and spread asymptomatically though (if that even happens to the degree that it's an issue in the first place). 

So the best route is still for everyone to get vaccinated and then asymptomatic spread would not be an issue.

CDC Guidance    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html#:~:text=The risks of SARS-,spread it to others.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

For me it is very simple. I have 2 very good general practitioners, that I fully trust. And they have invited me for the vaccinations.
That means they think it is in my best interest to take them. Who am I then, to not take them?  They are the professionals, not me. I'm not going to wade trough the tons of information on various sites and media. They know where to find all the relevant information.

When I take the bus I trust the professionalism of the bus driver, when my tooth needs some repair I trust the dentist.
When I need a vaccination I trust the doctors. They decided that AstraZeneca was good for me, so AstraZeneca it will be.

That sounds so lovely.

I wish there was more trust in the U.S.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

If we have high rates of compliance with vaccination there won't be much virus circulating to catch and spread asymptomatically though (if that even happens to the degree that it's an issue in the first place). 

So the best route is still for everyone to get vaccinated and then asymptomatic spread would not be an issue.

CDC Guidance    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html#:~:text=The risks of SARS-,spread it to others.

Perhaps we could just pick and choose what we'd like from the CDC recommendations?.  🤔😆

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Perhaps we could just pick and choose what we'd like from the CDC recommendations?.  🤔😆

Yes!!!

From this...

Large gatherings bring together many people from multiple households in a private or public space. Large gatherings are often planned events with a large number of guests and invitations. They sometimes involve lodging, event staff, security, tickets, and long-distance travel. CDC’s large events guidance might apply to events such as conferences, trade shows, sporting events, festivals, concerts, or large weddings and parties.

Small gatherings are informal in nature and may occur with family and friends you regularly socialize with, often at someone’s residence. They typically do not involve long distance travel. Small gathering guidance might be more appropriate for social gatherings that are more intimate with close friends and family, such as small holiday parties, family dinners, and small special celebrations.

CDC offers the following guidance to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Event planners should work with state and local health officials to implement this guidance, adjusting to meet the unique needs and circumstances of the local community. This guidance is meant to supplement—not replace—any state, local, territorial, or tribal health and safety laws, rules, and regulations with which gatherings must comply.

I pick and choose this...

Bring together many people in a private space. Plan a large number of invitations. Involve staff and contraceptives. Be intimate with close friends, such as Holly. CDC offers to help spread official, unique supplements.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On an notification list with my doctor and it looks like clotalot Atsra Zeneca.
I think I mentioned this elsewhere but in publicised medical discussions here
they used the incredibly low rate of being allergic to Erythromiacin as an example: 1 in 17,000 in
AZ causing blood clotting.

Guess what my singular allergy is? Yep -> Erythromiacin. 😱

🥵 noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 
But my Doc is cool. She'll arrange me Pfizer jab I'm sure. I think.
I hope....
If not.... nice knowing you all. \0_ xoxo

Posted (edited)

If you like one of rare people on earth who got infected :P don't feel despair.. keep your morale high.

This pandemic looks like a mass hysteria. While it is true for some people it ends up in hospital for most people its not different than common flu.

If you are healthy you will most likely not even notice it except meal taste like plastic and everything you drink like water.

Chances of you will end up in hospital very small.. unless you have preexist health problem.

I still have no idea how I got it.. We are still under lock down and only interaction I make street cats at our garden (giving food and playing with them).. Cat does not carry or transmit virus.

Edited by RunawayBunny
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
24 minutes ago, RunawayBunny said:

If you like one of rare people on earth who got infected :P don't feel despair.. keep your morale high.

This pandemic looks like a mass hysteria. While it is true for some people it ends up in hospital for most people its not different than common flu.

If you are healthy you will most likely not even notice it except meal taste like plastic and everything you drink like water.

Changes of you will end up in hospital very small.. unless you have preexist health problem.

I still have no idea how I got it.. We are still under lock down and only interaction I make street cats at our garden (giving food and playing with them).. Cat does not carry or transmit virus.

1/10th of the population of the US was infected, of that 2% died. 

You can not say that you would most likely not notice if you were healthy as many who died were healthy. It can cause heart issues. 
Making light of this is a very bad idea. 

Also, cats can very much carry and transmit covid. Keep watching Fox News.. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RunawayBunny said:

unless you have preexist health problem.

Such as being over 50?  That's where the majority of deaths occur.  Not much anyone can do to lessen that risk factor.  The majority of cases, however, are in people below that age group.  To call it mass hysteria is to diminish the impact it's had on people effected by it and frankly, very disturbing.  Have you lost anyone close from Covid?  I have and your entire post was....I.don't even have words for it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Such as being over 50?  That's where the majority of deaths occur.  Not much anyone can do to lessen that risk factor. 

Then lets hope vaccines will work otherwise virus will reduce human lifespan significantly.

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To call it mass hysteria is to diminish the impact it's had on people effected by it and frankly, very disturbing.

Yes it is mass hysteria.. My friend (age 24) thinks she will die because of this virus which is silly IMO she is more healthy than most. But can't blame her media 7/24 publishing COVID and making a impression a deadly virus claiming every life. I understand they are trying to get attention of public and trying make them aware but method they use ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Have you lost anyone close from Covid? 

I haven't. I can count 7 people who tested positive amongst my family members (or false positive test not always accurate).