Jump to content

Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

5277.jpg?width=940&quality=45&auto=forma

Quote

Amid a devastating heatwave, dozens of tourists wait in the oppressive temperatures to snap a selfie with the famous Las Vegas sign. Photograph: Gabrielle Canon/The Guardian, Sat 19 Jun 2021 01.00 EDT

Throngs of tourists still ambled along scorching-hot sidewalks on the Vegas Strip, and many others lined the labyrinths of slot machines, restaurants and shops inside air conditioned casinos. But not everyone is able to escape indoors.

Violet makes her living outside on the strip, posing for pictures with passersby. She was glistening, both from the body glitter covering her arms and chest and the beads of sweat collecting on her face in the midday sun. She has a heart condition, she said while leaning against a planter where she and several other women had
 stored water bottles to empty in-between selfies. “I am out here because I have to pay rent, but it is so hot and I get dehydrated so quickly.”

Rafael Martinez, who works as a security guard, said he stands outside throughout his eight-hour shift. He’s witnessed several people lose consciousness right there on the street. “People pass out all the time,” he said.

Heat is one of the most
 deadly weather disasters, according to data from the federal government, and in southern Nevada, coroner data shows that heat-related deaths are on the rise. But for workers who have to be outside, low-income residents without access to in-home cooling, and the more than 6,000 unhoused residents in Las Vegas, the stifling conditions can exact a considerable toll.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/19/las-vegas-heatwave-nevada-us-west-temperatures

 

Did someone forget to mention to any of them that there's a pandemic on?


image.thumb.png.99bd28e9591441309298e5498e81cad7.png


image.png.13ea691075abde3b32694417bf0577ed.png

 


Test
Quarantine
Contain


🐍🐍🐍

Edited by Chroma Starlight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

image.thumb.png.b4db8425a5ef28293c03a3213843e5cd.png

image.thumb.png.79367f5ab14aaa1d18f234a129e643c2.png

x.thumb.jpg.b27d1ce1f238e5ac8c7012b57d5222d3.jpg


What could be going on here?


itsatrap.jpg

 
China Airlines is owned by a Taiwan based company. Taiwan considers itself China. Formally it was the Republic of China before naming itself after it's biggest island "Taiwan".
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Finite said:
 
China Airlines is owned by a Taiwan based company. Taiwan considers itself China. Formally it was the Republic of China before naming itself after it's biggest island "Taiwan".

Yeah, NROC.
qldyl5p3cid41.png

At this point, like I said, I'm done with the commentary for the day. And I'm not taking sides per se there, as the single image from multiple images in the original retracted post may imply. 

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

But is it though, is it really ?

I have a rather large disdain for people like that, making contentious or conspiracy driven posts and then deciding to sanitize them.

So yes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I have a rather large disdain for people like that, making contentious or conspiracy driven posts and then deciding to sanitize them.

So yes.

Nah, it wasn't that, it a momentary brain fart when I forgot two entities claim to be the same state and it didn't jive what the US was saying about China, the general pandemic stats, and that China would help the US spread mRNA therapy in Taiwan. At this point, after the last twenty years of bull*****, this is basically a sane person's reaction to every single news item. Where's the bluff, what's the tell, what doesn't make any sense, where's the deception and manipulation hiding this time? That's life as a US citizen in the 21st century.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Finite said:
 
China Airlines is owned by a Taiwan based company. Taiwan considers itself China. Formally it was the Republic of China before naming itself after it's biggest island "Taiwan".

Taiwan does not consider itself China at all.  

Introduction

Taiwan, officially known as the Republic of China (ROC), is an island separated from China by the Taiwan Strait. It has been governed independently of mainland China, officially the People’s Republic of China (PRC), since 1949. The PRC views the island as a renegade province and vows to eventually “unify” Taiwan with the mainland. In Taiwan, which has its own democratically elected government and is home to twenty-three million people, political leaders have differing views on the island’s status and relations with the mainland.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/china-taiwan-relations-tension-us-policy

  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Taiwan does not consider itself China at all.  

Introduction

Taiwan, officially known as the Republic of China (ROC), is an island separated from China by the Taiwan Strait. It has been governed independently of mainland China, officially the People’s Republic of China (PRC), since 1949. The PRC views the island as a renegade province and vows to eventually “unify” Taiwan with the mainland. In Taiwan, which has its own democratically elected government and is home to twenty-three million people, political leaders have differing views on the island’s status and relations with the mainland.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/china-taiwan-relations-tension-us-policy

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Finite said:

 

Taiwan is know as the Republic of China or Taiwan, and mainland China is called The People's Republic of China but with those two names it does not make them both China.  Read what it says above.  So, huh? to your post?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

Taiwan is know as the Republic of China or Taiwan, and mainland China is called The People's Republic of China but with those two names it does not make them both China.  Read what it says above.  So, huh? to your post?

Honestly, I am still trying to figure out what you are arguing with me over. Semantics aside we are both correct. Besides that what about my entire thought do you disagree with?

 

 

Edited by Finite
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Finite said:

Honestly, I am still trying to figure out what you are arguing with me over. Semantics aside we are both correct. Besides that what about my entire thought do you disagree with?

You said Taiwan considers itself China.  It does not.  It has it's own government.  Mainland China goes by the names China.  The Taiwanese are called the Taiwanese not the Chinese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote
3 minutes ago, Finite said:

Honestly, I am still trying to figure out what you are arguing with me over. Semantics aside we are both correct. Besides that what about my entire thought do you disagree with?

 

You're off-topic, posting quotes without much additional content, and unconvincing in your innocence. 

One more round before retiring for the evening! Back to the topic, please!
5000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Workers in protective gear at the Huanan seafood market on 27 January 2020. Photograph: AP

Quote

Marc Van Ranst, a virologist who is helping to coordinate Belgium’s pandemic response, says: “Nature is the biggest bio-terrorist there is. It has shown time and time again that it doesn’t need a lot of help in creating a virus and making it jump between species.”

The claim that Sars-CoV-2 was suspiciously well adapted to humans at the beginning of the pandemic also finds little support. It infects a wide range of species – including cats, dogs, mink, tigers and lions – and if anything has become better adapted to humans over the pandemic, in part through further alterations to the spike protein.

(from https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/18/in-hunt-for-covids-origin-new-studies-point-away-from-lab-leak-theory)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

You said Taiwan considers itself China.  It does not.  It has it's own government.  Mainland China goes by the names China.  The Taiwanese are called the Taiwanese not the Chinese.

Here's what I bolded in your quote. "Taiwan, officially known as the Republic of China "

Yes a majority of Taiwanese consider themselves Taiwanese and not Chinese. But both countries call themselves China. As you stated one is the Republic of China the other is the People's Republic of China. Again we are both correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:

You're off-topic, posting quotes without much additional content, and unconvincing in your innocence. 

One more round before retiring for the evening! Back to the topic, please!
5000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Workers in protective gear at the Huanan seafood market on 27 January 2020. Photograph: AP

 

 

3 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

You're off-topic, posting quotes without much additional content, and unconvincing in your innocence. 

One more round before retiring for the evening! Back to the topic, please!
5000.jpg?width=620&quality=45&auto=forma

Workers in protective gear at the Huanan seafood market on 27 January 2020. Photograph: AP

 

Hmm this off-topic began with a post you made... Have a good night.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Finite said:

Here's what I bolded in your quote. "Taiwan, officially known as the Republic of China "

Yes a majority of Taiwanese consider themselves Taiwanese and not Chinese. But both countries call themselves China. As you stated one is the Republic of China the other is the People's Republic of China. Again we are both correct.

I don't think they both consider themselves China.  That would be confusing.  I will admit it is confusing with one called The Republic of China and one called The People's Republic of China.  I just don't know where you are getting your information.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

I don't think they both consider themselves China.  That would be confusing.  I will admit it is confusing with one called The Republic of China and one called The People's Republic of China.  I just don't know where you are getting your information.  

What information are you referring to? You posted the information yourself... Or are you referring to the point of my quote which i said China Airlines is a Taiwan based company? That's pretty easy to look up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Finite said:

What information are you referring to? You posted the information yourself... Or are you referring to the point of my quote which i said China Airlines is a Taiwan based company? That's pretty easy to look up. 

No.  lol   You said this:

"Taiwan considers itself China."

And, I said they don't.  They are Taiwanese not Chinese.  At least give them that respect plus they are not part of communist China.  

And me, goodnight too.

Edited by FairreLilette
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No.  lol   You said this:

"Taiwan considers itself China."

And, I said they don't.  They are Taiwanese not Chinese.  At least give them that respect plus they are not part of communist China.  

And me, goodnight too.

Your argument would make more sense if I had said the Taiwanese consider themselves Chinese. But I didn't. Yes, please sleep it off.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Finite said:

Your argument would make more sense if I had said the Taiwanese consider themselves Chinese. But I didn't. Yes, please sleep it off.

I think it makes sense because if Taiwan considered itself China then the people would be Chinese which they aren't and the people of Taiwan are going through horrible times now even taking up arms to protect themselves.  That China airline was started in 1959 and back then they did have the more old-fashioned names and there is confusion about two Chinas but there really aren't two Chinas.  China and Taiwan have long been known as China and Taiwan in more modern times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 89 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...