Jump to content

Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

3. So she's South African and left the country right after Apartheid ended. Hmmm how about that.

If you learned that an American, now  living and working abroad, had originally left the US in 2009, do you think it would it be fair to say, "So she's American and left the country right after Obama was elected. Hmmm how about that"?

I'm sorry, but I don't think that sort of innuendo is at all justified. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Can you cite specific examples?

For example, are you referring to the possibility of forced vaccinations? (or indirectly limiting job opportunity via vaccine requirements).  I see your point here -- this could be unethical.

Or are you referring to the physical harm that could occur?  It's possible, but I accept risk with all medical procedures, and for me the risk of a chronic illness from long-term Covid was not something I wanted to deal with -- I'd rather risk any possible dangers from the vaccine.  If a medical procedure does more good than harm is it unethical?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After vaccination I tried carrying my forks to the dinner table by pushing them onto my forehead but they simply dropped on the floor and scared the cats...  😉

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anti-vax-doctor-an-adviser-to-mike-lindell-claims-covid-vaccine-will-magnetize-you/ar-AAKSNX2?ocid=msedgntp

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Can you cite specific examples?

For example, are you referring to the possibility of forced vaccinations? (or indirectly limiting job opportunity via vaccine requirements).  I see your point here -- this could be unethical.

Or are you referring to the physical harm that could occur?  It's possible, but I accept risk with all medical procedures, and for me the risk of a chronic illness from long-term Covid was not something I wanted to deal with -- I'd rather risk any possible dangers from the vaccine.  If a medical procedure does more good than harm is it unethical?

Forced experimental mRNA therapy to work, forced experimental mRNA therapy to travel, added risk to life itself without forced experimental mRNA therapy. I'm sorry, did they even consult my genetics in the course of the construction of this therapy? Three sizes fits all? Or could things be more complicated that that?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

Beyond that, again, the part about the simple and fundamental requirements for something to be considered ethical in the medical tradition not being satisfied here by the duress under which people are being driven without being informed to participate in this experiment while the government continues to abdicate its duty to implement effective and sufficient measures in the best Enlightened interest of preserving this civilization's long-term public health and safety. A precedent like this must be condemned along with the criminals responsible.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

a vaccine would receive eighteen months of testing, but it hasn't even been eighteen months since this artificial outbreak began.

Generally, though, vaccines are developed as a prophylactic against diseases which we already understand, know how to treat, and of which we know the dangers, and for which a degree of herd immunity already exists, since it's already been circulating in the population for a long time.

If you've got a known and low risk posed by a disease that's already established then there are clear benefits to delay testing vaccines until you've conducted very full, long term, studies, and replicated them, so you can sure that they're not harmful, because you're comparing a known and small risk with an unknown and potentially immense one.

However, with a completely new disease, like Covid-19, the situation is very different -- you've got a new disease causing immense and known harm, with thousands of people dying from it every day, and once you know a vaccine is effective and appears to cause very little harm, at least in the short term, then every day after that you delay the vaccination programme, more people die unnecessarily.

Also, because the the urgency of the situation, manufacturers started building production lines and producing doses as soon as they'd applied for approval, thus risking loosing millions if approval wasn't granted, rather than waiting for final approval before starting to produce doses, as normally they would have done.

 

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

After vaccination I tried carrying my forks to the dinner table by pushing them onto my forehead but they simply dropped on the floor and scared the cats...  😉

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anti-vax-doctor-an-adviser-to-mike-lindell-claims-covid-vaccine-will-magnetize-you/ar-AAKSNX2?ocid=msedgntp

Him I don't recall being magnetized. I drove home just fine and was able to get out of my car without being stuck to it.

However, I was sick as a dog the following day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

We learned everything needed to know to contain SARS-CoV-2 from SARS-CoV-1, didn't we?

 

Stanford University meets Charlie Brown. Love it. Two thumbs up. 👍👍

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

 

Quote

Each of us has an important role to play in ending the COVID-19 pandemic. Get the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you are eligible and able to do so. Once you are vaccinated, help stop the spread of infection to others by washing your hands, keeping your distance, and following local mask guidelines. (Ibid.)

I'm not eligible or able to participate in unethical medical mass experiments, a position I'm confident Stanford agrees with. You're notice what they're saying and how. How I read it is, paraphrased: go ahead and get the vaccine if you believe you're eligible, but if you do, you must go right on as if nothing has changed because, here, the way biology works still hasn't shifted." (Help stop the spread, we are stronger together, as we told you so clearly last year.)

 

Quote

Matt Hancock, the British health secretary, told a Parliament committee on Thursday that the Delta variant is now responsible for 91% of the new cases in the United Kingdom, according to The Evening Standard.

It’s now the dominant strain in the U.K., replacing B.1.1.1.7, now known as the alpha strain, which caused a surge last fall. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/delta-covid-19-variant-can-infect-vaccinated-people-claims-aiims-study-101623307391151.html

Edited by Chroma Starlight
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

I'm not eligible or able to participate in unethical medical mass experiments, a position I'm confident Stanford agrees with. You're notice what they're saying and how. How I read it is, paraphrased: go ahead and get the vaccine if you believe you're eligible, but if you do, you must go right on as if nothing has changed because, here, the way biology works still hasn't shifted." (Help stop the spread, we are stronger together, as we told you so clearly last year.)

 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/delta-covid-19-variant-can-infect-vaccinated-people-claims-aiims-study-101623307391151.html

The video was from March 2020. Before we knew about a vaccine. I'm pretty sure their message wasn't to not get vaccinated or even remotely related to vaccination at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Finite said:

The video was from March 2020. Before we knew about a vaccine. I'm pretty sure their message wasn't to not get vaccinated or even remotely related to vaccination at all.

Then you have your answer, and you may seek your surety in it.

Edited by Chroma Starlight
timeless edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When anyone says "artificial outbreak", anything else is suspect IMO.

Quote

Q: Can you give a general assessment of how significant the scope and impact of misinformation and disinformation has been during the COVID-19 pandemic?

A: It’s worse than I could have imagined. In general, we know from our research, and research that others have done, that there is a lot of misinformation out there with regard to health, diseases, and vaccines, especially in the age of the internet. Most of the time, though, misinformation around diseases is not in the spotlight. But what has made misinformation and disinformation about COVID-19 so bad is that it was picked up and spread by political figures, including President Donald Trump. That greatly amplified it and it brought misinformation and disinformation into the mainstream.

Q: Do you think President Trump leaving office and being banned from Twitter and Facebook will have a tangible effect on the spread of information not based on facts?

A: I’m going into the realm of speculation here because it is far too early to predict anything. But he is a super spreader of misinformation and disinformation. This is a very unfortunate thing to have to say about a former president of our country, but it is true. He was singularly responsible for mainstreaming COVID-19 disinformation in this country and within our government.

Q: Going forward, what should be done to limit the spread of misinformation and disinformation?

A: We will never eliminate misinformation or disinformation, especially in a free society. But on important topics, such as COVID-19, I think we need to start developing consensus around the facts.

(from https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fighting-the-spread-of-covid-19-misinformation/)

image.thumb.png.5976cfb66c2393131dc02de244c22b7c.png

(from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_misinformation)

Edited by Chroma Starlight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

So quit spreading disinformation.  From your citation...

COVID-19 deniers use the word casedemic as a shorthand for a conspiracy theory holding that COVID-19 is harmless and that the reported disease figures are merely a result of increased testing. The concept is particularly attractive to anti-vaccination activists, who use it to argue that public health measures, and particularly vaccines, are not needed to counter what they say is a fake epidemic.[

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So quit spreading disinformation.  From your citation...

COVID-19 deniers use the word casedemic as a shorthand for a conspiracy theory holding that COVID-19 is harmless and that the reported disease figures are merely a result of increased testing. The concept is particularly attractive to anti-vaccination activists, who use it to argue that public health measures, and particularly vaccines, are not needed to counter what they say is a fake epidemic.[

I haven't done either of those things, nor am I an anti-vaccination activist. Why, I had to practically twist the doctor's arm to convince them to give me a HPV vaccination series, but I was able to talk them into it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

and then very rapidly they create a problem with a virus

Saying not once but twice that it is somehow either a created pandemic or not real at all to somehow manipulate us all into being test subjects for a vaccine, puts one in the same category.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Saying not once but twice that it is somehow either a created pandemic or not real at all to somehow manipulate us all into being test subjects for a vaccine, puts one in the same category.

And yet that's exactly what happened every single time a trusted figure in authority abdicated their public duty to take all sufficient and necessary measures such as had been prepared for such contingencies as pandemic long in advance. 

Quote

The U.S. was the world's best prepared nation to confront a pandemic. How did it spiral to 'almost inconceivable' failure?

“During the years to come,” the authors predicted, “the U.S. undoubtedly will undergo national-level reviews to understand how its strong capabilities were squandered when the country needed them most.” 


A week after the first case reached his country, Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc told citizens, “Fighting this epidemic means fighting the enemy." Government posters proclaimed that “to stay home is to love your country.” In contrast, three weeks into the lockdowns of Michigan, Minnesota and Virginia, Trump sent out tweets, urging their governors to "LIBERATE" all three by lifting the stay-at-home orders.

Today the U.S. has seven times more people than South Korea, but 300 times more COVID-19 cases, according to the 
Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center. (October 2020)


https://www.jsonline.com/in-depth/news/2020/10/14/america-had-worlds-best-pandemic-response-plan-playbook-why-did-fail-coronavirus-covid-19-timeline/3587922001/

image.thumb.png.c1c54fe0865afbf48a96df5879832b01.png

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

And yet that's exactly what happened every single time a trusted figure in authority abdicated their public duty to take all sufficient and necessary measures such as had been prepared for such contingencies as pandemic long in advance. 

image.thumb.png.c1c54fe0865afbf48a96df5879832b01.png

Which is totally irrelevant to what I said about what you said.  The pandemic is neither fake nor some ploy to push vaccines on people.  Period.  All your chart means, in regards to.what I said, is absolutely nothing.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Which is totally irrelevant to what I said about what you said.  The pandemic is neither fake nor some ploy to push vaccines on people.  Period.  All your chart means, in regards to.what I said, is absolutely nothing.  

Yes, and Hurricane Maria wasn't a ploy by mother nature to destroy latinos in Puerto Rico for three years and counting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/puerto-rico-probes-fire-left-900k-clients-power-rcna1176

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Wish I had some of whatever it is some people are smoking.

All right. Where is it? Where is the camera? How else could you have known I just got back from the dispensary? 🚬

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

All right. Where is it? Where is the camera? How else could you have known I just got back from the dispensary? 🚬

It's that chip, I'm tellin' ya!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...