Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Secret microchips are awesome. I now get 5G sitting on the pot & I'm sending this emoji as proof 💩

Awesome!  I get my second jab on Tuesday.  That's the microchip one, right?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JanuarySwan said:

No, it takes a long time to get proof of these things especially from a country that had itself sealed up for a long time and/or is a problem child in that it does not communicate, look at the information it's given out about the first coronavirus cases as it may as well be counted as no information.

But here is the log again wherein people are blind, it's China and Taiwan that are at war with itself.  Geesh, read some news besides about Ivermectin.

Saw this the other day, don't know if it's been shared yet. https://apnews.com/article/vt-state-wire-coronavirus-pandemic-health-bfa2dd39d1117a729542cf094504ca56

Looks like while a lot of the US is indeed vaccinated by now, it's very dependent upon where in the US you live. For instance, if you live in Massachusetts, it looks like at least 62% of people have received at least one dose, but if you live in Mississippi that number drops down to 32%. It's very much county-to-county as well. 

On 5/20/2021 at 9:37 AM, Luna Bliss said:

What is your opinion regarding this woman?  Do you think she really believes what she says? I'm not sure which is worse...that she could be such an incompetent Dr. and unable to parse simple studies and information, or that she is fine with power abuse and going against the oath to do no harm as long as she can make a buck from her book and feel the power surge of being a maverick.

Sorry it took me so long to respond, Luna. RL's been demanding of late.

I think Dr. Sam Bailey really does believe what she says. She seems personable and sincere. Her YouTube channel has amassed a quarter million subscribers in the two years she's been posting and she gets highly positive ratings. Her most popular videos deal with the side effects of medications, sexual health, and skin care.

I don't know how or when Dr. Bailey became associated with the book "Virus Mania", but I can imagine that the original authors of the book, first published in 2007, found Covid-19 to be just the ticket to revive sales with a new edition. They might have seen Dr. Bailey as an attractive and engaging vehicle for their message, particularly in the audio-book, inviting her to participate in a re-issue.

Dr. Bailey keeps a copy of Barbarella conspicuously in view on the bookshelf behind her (Virus Mania appears in more recent videos). Perhaps she fancies herself as a red haired sexy savior, protecting us from evil doctors?

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Evidence for both sides...

This rather long article by a NYT investigative reporter and science writer collects most of what we know about the origin of SARS2 aka CoVid.

Origin of Covid — Following the Clues

Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan?

Edited by Nalates Urriah
Added an S
  • Haha 1

Nicholas Wade

Over a hundred geneticists and biologists categorically dismissed Wade's view of race in a joint letter published in The New York Times on 8 August 2014:

Wade juxtaposes an incomplete and inaccurate account of our research on human genetic differences with speculation that recent natural selection has led to worldwide differences in Intelligence quotient (IQ) test results, political institutions and economic development. We reject Wade's implication that our findings substantiate his guesswork.[14]

Other scientists argued that Wade had misrepresented their research.[15]

Probably not the only findings of real scientists that he's misrepresented.

Noted too that Fox news, the pro trump websites and Breitbart love this guy.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Evidence for both sides...

This rather long article by a NYT investigative reporter and science writer collects most of what we know about the origin of SARS2 aka CoVid.

It takes what we know, and then places a rampaging conspiracy theory next to it in the hopes that a little legitimacy rubs off.

This is how you get ancient aliens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

My dad took the whole family to see that at the drive in. I was around 9 at the time. lol

Oooh, your "education" started early. I didn't see the movie until college, when I learned that Duran Duran was named after the movie's villain. I do recall preferring Woody Allen's Orgasmatron to Vadim's fatal pleasure machine.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Oooh, your "education" started early. I didn't see the movie until college, when I learned that Duran Duran was named after the movie's villain. I do recall preferring Woody Allen's Orgasmatron to Vadim's fatal pleasure machine.

Education? Nah. It was more like push-me-pull-me. Do as they said, not as they did. I was always too young but either they couldn't get a babysitter (grandparent) or it was a double feature.

My childhood was... strange.

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It takes what we know, and then places a rampaging conspiracy theory next to it in the hopes that a little legitimacy rubs off.

I glanced over the article and it states "earlier cases" and nothing else about the earlier cases.

I think China withholding information on the earlier cases has led to the conspiracy theories.  China needs to give out more information on the earliest cases, not their names.  I'm not talking about names.  I'm talking about important, vital information.

Edited by JanuarySwan

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Nicholas Wade

Over a hundred geneticists and biologists categorically dismissed Wade's view of race in a joint letter published in The New York Times on 8 August 2014:

Wade juxtaposes an incomplete and inaccurate account of our research on human genetic differences with speculation that recent natural selection has led to worldwide differences in Intelligence quotient (IQ) test results, political institutions and economic development. We reject Wade's implication that our findings substantiate his guesswork.[14]

Other scientists argued that Wade had misrepresented their research.[15]

Probably not the only findings of real scientists that he's misrepresented.

Noted too that Fox news, the pro trump websites and Breitbart love this guy.  

Never challenge the merit of what someone says. Just slam the messenger. So, if it is more important who says something than what they say... doesn't that qualify as bigotry?

I haven't read Wade's piece on race. Do know the sources he points to in this article can be checked, Not much doubt that NIAID funded gain of function studies.

6 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I think he did a good job of showing what we don't know and why both the natural and man-made versions should be fully investigated.

With all the new info on UFOs are you really ready to give up on ancient aliens?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It has more to do with credibility.  Choose more credible sources,.please.

Of course all the ways Covid started must be investigated.  No one can argue that.  It's what many are already doing with, as of yet, no clear answer.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It has more to do with credibility.  Choose more credible sources,.please.

Of course all the ways Covid started must be investigated.  No one can argue that.  It's what many are already doing with, as of yet, no clear answer.  

Since there is no credible answer and that is what Wade is pointing out... wouldn't he be credible on this topic?

Still seems you are hung up on 'who' says something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

No to your question.

To your statement...  Credibility of the source is paramount.  He is not credible as he's misinterpreted others in the past.

Who said it matters just as much if not more than what is said on these topics.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What I found most interesting was manufacturers beginning to offer covert high airflow masks.

I'm not talking about the mesh masks that are designed to be obvious.  I'm talking about carefully selected materials with high optical opacity and high airflow. 

6 minutes ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

What I found most interesting was manufacturers beginning to offer covert high airflow masks.

I'm not talking about the mesh masks that are designed to be obvious.  I'm talking about carefully selected materials with high optical opacity and high airflow. 

That sounds familiar...

darth-vader.jpg

• Like 1

This article covers a lot.  

The scientists are hardly alone in calling for more investigation.

As the letter noted, the U.S. government, along with 13 other countries, also had called for more inquiry into the origins in a March statement this year.

“It is critical for independent experts to have full access to all pertinent human, animal, and environmental data, research, and personnel involved in the early stages of the outbreak relevant to determining how this pandemic emerged,” the statement said. “With all data in hand, the international community may independently assess COVID-19 origins, learn valuable lessons from this pandemic, and prevent future devastating consequences from outbreaks of disease.”

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/05/the-wuhan-lab-and-the-gain-of-function-disagreement/

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Since there is no credible answer and that is what Wade is pointing out... wouldn't he be credible on this topic?

An important part of how Cancel Culture works hinges on the ability to dismiss otherwise valid arguments by proving the speaker at one point in their past engaged in some behavior or held some belief that was common before iPhones existed.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

An important part of how Cancel Culture works hinges on the ability to dismiss otherwise valid arguments by proving the speaker at one point in their past engaged in some behavior or held some belief that was common before iPhones existed.  

A bizarre statement, given that those who are opposed to the conspiracy theories floated here have flooded the thread with actual science, and references to peer-reviewed and otherwise highly credible factual information. Have you even read the responses of people like Maddy here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This guy is a science writer, a journalist, and not an actual scientist. I love talented science writers as they can take complex science topics and make it read like an exciting story, bypassing all the work of knowing the actual science which is complex and more detailed than I have the time and inclination to delve into. In order to be credible though they must have the ability to actually understand the science and synthesize well.

The problem with this science writer, Nicholas Wade, is that he's been so discredited in a previous book that it would be foolish to trust what he's claiming regarding more recent writings regarding the lab issue & Covid. In a previous book he mischaracterized the science of the actual scientists he was writing about. Here's what the scientists said about how he mischaracterized their work:

"As scientists dedicated to studying genetic variation, we thank David Dobbs for his review of Nicholas Wade’s “A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History” (July 13), and for his description of Wade’s misappropriation of research from our field to support arguments about differences among human societies.

As discussed by Dobbs and many others, Wade juxtaposes an incomplete and inaccurate account of our research on human genetic differences with speculation that recent natural selection has led to worldwide differences in I.Q. test results, political institutions and economic development. We reject Wade’s implication that our findings substantiate his guesswork. They do not.

We are in full agreement that there is no support from the field of population genetics for Wade’s conjectures."

https://cehg.stanford.edu/letter-from-population-geneticists

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 12:20 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Sorry it took me so long to respond, Luna. RL's been demanding of late.

I think Dr. Sam Bailey really does believe what she says. She seems personable and sincere. Her YouTube channel has amassed a quarter million subscribers in the two years she's been posting and she gets highly positive ratings. Her most popular videos deal with the side effects of medications, sexual health, and skin care.

I don't know how or when Dr. Bailey became associated with the book "Virus Mania", but I can imagine that the original authors of the book, first published in 2007, found Covid-19 to be just the ticket to revive sales with a new edition. They might have seen Dr. Bailey as an attractive and engaging vehicle for their message, particularly in the audio-book, inviting her to participate in a re-issue.

Dr. Bailey keeps a copy of Barbarella conspicuously in view on the bookshelf behind her (Virus Mania appears in more recent videos). Perhaps she fancies herself as a red haired sexy savior, protecting us from evil doctors?

lol does seem likely she fancies herself as such.

I just can't comprehend how, as a person with medical training, she could dismiss the fact that viruses such as Hepatitis C even exists -- I've been reading some reviews on the Virus Mania book and the denial of scientific facts is just mind-blowing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1012 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.