Very new to SL (days old) and am still figuring out my avatar. She doesn't look quite how I would like, and I can't seem to find a hair that fits the genus head. Does anyone have any tips on figuring out the face settings to make my avatar look a little less strange and more like a real person? Does anyone know of some shops that have hair meshes that would go with the genus head? All advice and tips are appreciated!! 

6 minutes ago, depresso22 said:

Very new to SL (days old) and am still figuring out my avatar. She doesn't look quite how I would like, and I can't seem to find a hair that fits the genus head. Does anyone have any tips on figuring out the face settings to make my avatar look a little less strange and more like a real person? Does anyone know of some shops that have hair meshes that would go with the genus head? All advice and tips are appreciated!! 

Try using one of the shapes that came with the genus head to start then edit the shape to your liking.  

• Like 1

As Rowan says, start with the shape that comes with the head and edit it to your preference.

Genus heads are rather large compared to others so you'll often find that rigged hair is too small. A couple of brands I've found that work well are Exile, Doux and Magika (their newer ones); Exile because they run large anyway, Doux and Magika because they include multiple sizes. Short, unrigged hair will work too, because it can be re-sized. 

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

When you say doesnt fit the genus head, is the head poking out from under the hair??

One main important thing to do is to go to the main tab bar up the top and use drop down to "appearance" and a pop up box will come up, go to "body parts" and click the spanner.. and you will want to edit the eyebrow shape. Go to "hairstyle" and drop all the sliders to 0. 

This one 1 way i know how to make all my hairs fit the genus heads :)

Edited by xBaeBeex

You have to try adjusting, it's a hard work but finally it will make you unique :)

Genus doesn't fits perfectly with all hair but my Baby Face is good with Exxess hair.

Here are my HEAD measures and I add a photo but look the face shape and not hair, those in photo are not Exxess but Monso.

HEAD 64 49 59 60 57 50 33 04 32 12 81

Me_Beach_0452.png

• Like 1

Another thing to keep in mind that, now I'm not sure if it's this way with the Genus head, but it is with the LeLutka, there could be alpha layers to hide parts of the head that may be clipping through in strange places.