New last names!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's not for me, but if it was I guess I'd go for Marigold Matriarch.

Only available for another three days. It will be interesting to see how many new Mums/Mamas/Matriarchs we have.  I know it will be someone's longed for dream come true. And bless all those who sail in her. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

They purposely made that name unavailable it seems.

Now llName2Key() finally shows a key for Your Mama. Curious why it wasn't showing a key while I tried to claim that name which I was told was not available.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

These last names are a HARD miss. Zero creativity. Do better, LL. 

They really trying to make money off MOTHERS DAY 🙄😒 Maybe celebrate it instead. 

Don’t do this for Fathers Day. 

Edited by Chris Nova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

I think they would possibly get more applicants with the ‘Daddy’ type names :/ 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Theresa Tennyson observes that someone has paid somewhere over $40 to name themself after an older Chevrolet.

Theresa Tennyson says nothing at all.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

LL wants mothers to spend money on changing their SL names to celebrate Mother's Day. They want mothers to PAY to celebrate Mother's Day.

It doesn't get better, it only gets worse. 

I'm sure some thin skinned panty waist will report this so I'll be suspended again for simply stating an opinion. LL wonders way they have such a bad rep. I don't wonder. I can see why.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Might be the new owners.  "Let's come up with something to grab more cash!"

• Like 1

Paying for changing your name is nothing more than a Vanity tax, IMHO.
Users requested the possibility.
LL smartly takes money for that option. Otherwise some would change their names more often than I change Bellisserian homes.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Agreed.

Mums are great. I adore my mum. I love mums generally. They are enormously special (at least most of them are), and they do vast hours and hours of uncompensated extra physical and emotional labour. They totally deserve to be honoured (and compensated) for their enormous sacrifices.

But honestly . . . these names?

And wouldn't it be nice to find some last names that honour women in fields that aren't the ones traditionally associated with womanhood?

Earhart, for instance. Parks. Franklin (after Rosalind). Behn (after the first professional woman writer in English). Truth (after Sojourner).

Etc.

Womanhood: It's not just about making babies anymore.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And wouldn't it be nice to find some last names that honour women in fields that aren't the ones traditionally associated with womanhood?

Or Inge Lehmann, who discovered the Earth's solid inner core.  Or maybe mothers in fields that aren't usually associated with womanhood, like Curie (Marie, mother of Eve and Irene). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Or Inge Lehmann, who discovered the Earth's solid inner core.  Or maybe mothers in fields that aren't usually associated with womanhood, like Curie (Marie, mother of Eve and Irene). 

Definitely. We could produce a very long list without too much effort, I think.

It's not, to be clear, that I think it's at all a bad thing to honour mothers. (Although, like all of these things, it's become something of a commercial racket in RL.)

It's that it's just so typical that the only time LL makes the effort to single out the achievements of women, it's on the subject of motherhood.

Where were the new name choices on International Women's Day, for instance?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No reason why LL can't do both, not like this mothers day was their one opportunity. 

Do hope they do the same cheesy selection for fathers day, I know a couple of people who would love 'Daddy'.

Although I will say if they are going to add commemorative limited edition names, they really need to drop the price to something more like $5 a change.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Agreed.

Mums are great. I adore my mum. I love mums generally. They are enormously special (at least most of them are), and they do vast hours and hours of uncompensated extra physical and emotional labour. They totally deserve to be honoured (and compensated) for their enormous sacrifices.

But honestly . . . these names?

Earhart, for instance. Parks. Franklin (after Rosalind). Behn (after the first professional woman writer in English). Truth (after Sojourner).

Etc.

Womanhood: It's not just about making babies anymore.

Marie Curie

Anne Frank

Maya Angelou

Sojourner Truth

Malala Yousafzai 

Ada Lovelace

Edith Cowan

To name a few more.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

No reason why LL can't do both, not like this mothers day was their one opportunity. 

Do hope they do the same cheesy selection for fathers day, I know a couple of people who would love 'Daddy'.

Although I will say if they are going to add commemorative limited edition names, they really need to drop the price to something more like $5 a change.

I think Sugardaddy would be a hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.