Bots following me & my partner

FurryPawLife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Not so recently, a bunch of empty accounts have been teleporting to the region that me or my partner is in, and then quickly leaving within a few seconds to a minute or two. It's apparent that they're bots because they are completely empty accounts with obscure names (yet recognizable after you've seen them about 15 times a day) and they have no avatar, nor do they move. We've had issues with bots in the past, but they had starter avatars and all we had to do was replace all our clothing. Now no matter what we do, these empty accounts find their way into any region to just teleport away moments later. Any idea what they might be doing and how to get rid of them? It'd be awfully creepy if they're just following to log our locations.

bot.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, LordGideonMccarthy said:

Hi I've been using the png for a while now your first one I used too because I get these bots all the time I think it's great that someone is finally doing something about it and Rowan a list of names in an Orb is not a Red Zone every Orb does that.

It's the list on the website that bothers me.  I have people listed in my security orb.  Being able to submit names for the creator to add to this list?  How exactly do they confirm it's actually a bot/stalker?  Anyone could submit anyone's name claiming they were being stalked.  

Perhaps it's not as bad as red zone but it's certainly just as bad as Voodoo and it costs twice as much.  

Edited by Rowan Amore
must have been relisted on MP
  • Like 3

On 10/2/2021 at 8:10 AM, KateBrill said:

Hello Sam1 Bellisserian, 

To better understand, no one is forced to use the contents of the Black List, of course you can change it or just use the ORB labelled "Yours" in this Orb you are completely on your own, 

and I don't think so, a lot of people think so, over a period of 4 years we know who does and who doesn't, the Orb is based on NC lists you are not forced to use these lists. Furthermore, my avatar name is not my RL name so if someone is listed with the name "Donald Trump" and he keeps visiting your place when you ban him and he ends up at the neighbour's place, then it can be assumed that he is following you. Don't worry, I do this very conscientiously. 

Kind regards

Ps. Unfortunately, I have already reached my number of posts for this day but please feel free to contact me inworld. Thank you

• Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.