Boating in Bellisseria

I just had my longest boat ride in Bellisseria this evening - over a half hour of winding around the islands and around the top of East Bellisseria to where the current development ends (it's beautiful up there, by the way, with stilts at the bottom of the mountains, and the high bridge, and "Bellisseria" spelled out in stones). Was thrown out of my boat at that point because the navigable water currently ends where the coastline has yet to be developed.  At any rate, I've had vastly different experiences depending on which boat or watercraft I am using. The Bandit Boss 225 that I am using has been the easiest to control of any boats I have used so far. Last week I was experimenting with jet skis and having a terrible time trying to control them. I can stick with the Boss 225 but it looks like a 50 year old speedboat, and not, IMO, in a good way. So...anyone have some other suggestions, especially those that are in a moderate price range?

And also while on the topic, what is your favorite boating route in Bellisseria?

• Like 5

I'm a huge fan of the Bandit boat series. We have the Bandit60 Sailboat and I acquired the Bandit 170 small craft motorboat. Its very easy to navigate your way around the waterways of Bellisseria.  There's a nice article about the boat  here:  https://modemworld.me/2020/04/25/bandit-170-a-pocket-cruiser-thats-coming-second-life/

Bandit 170 Uber

• Like 5

Bandit products are great,  I really enjoy my Bandit IF sailboat, but unfortunately Bandit boats can only be used if the original owner is on board.  Many boatmakers (e.g. Motor Loon, Berdav Marine, Trudeau, Piaggio Systems, Shippe & Saille) support a short list of named captains, but Bandit has always strongly resisted such requests, making it cumbersome for one's partner or alt to use a boat moored at one's property.

I've had a lot of fun lately with Shippe & Saille's Harbor Master.  It's a fishing boat, I think it's top speed is 15 knots or so.  That's probably slower than the 170, but actually it's still too fast for sightseeing.  The low gearing makes for very solid, easy-to-maneuver boating, without having to mess about with menu settings.  Its UI is wonderfully simple, it's GTFO ready, you can use the GFS fuel system if you want.  It's $L500 cheaper than the 170.  It's been updated 3 times since I bought it. 

If we want to really move, we use our old LittleBee.  It's long in the tooth, but in hydroplane mode (for which the animation is a HOOT) it really really moves, and with included wake board and parasail, it's still completely funtastic.

• Like 7

The Bandit 170 is a lot of fun!  I also love the Captain's Launch, and the Loonetta, and that new jetski by Cigar Yachts that came out right around the time the Stilt regions were released.

Don't forget the new Bellisseria surf beach up on the Northeast edge of the bottom row of the stilt region. The wave generators are perfect, the wave runs are long, and there are rezzers for all the best surfboards. It's a delight to surf those waves on the X-3! Two people can ride the X-3 and the passenger gets involved in the paddling anims. It's really responsive and newbie-friendly! If you have your own surfboards, there's a public rez zone up at the west edge of the beach in the same region. Oh, it's also pretty fun to jump those same waves in the Cigar Yachts jetski too!

Edited by Devin Heartsong
  • Like 4

I love my boats and exploring the waterways in SL. The Bandit 280R and 380R are fabulous but for Bellisseria I'd give a special mention of the lovely Marlin catamaran by Rubber Bunny.

image.png.ba78133fe7926cb20a5588827ebe9530.png

Edited by Lloyd Overland
Spelling
  • Like 3