Chalet Popularity

The chalets are still being rolled out, so until they've all been taken they will appear on the available page. This is the usual situation as each theme is released.  Cabin and camper regions are released periodically too (some nice coastal regions still in development).

The Chalets don't really do anything for me.  Neither do the stilts.  I seem to like the Log Homes and the Campers the best and I even had a trad for a while.  

I saw the stilts on the edges of East Bellisseria tonight (aka Logland). As far as I know. none of them have been released yet. It's really beautiful on the coastline. So there's some more stilts to look forward to (but who am I kidding, we know who will dominate getting those homes).

• Like 4

Tastes vary, so one person's favorite theme is another's least desirable.  A lot of people, including myself, have mentioned that the chalets are not a favorite, but the same has been said about every theme, including houseboats.  Lucky for us, we have many themes from which to choose, with more on the way. 

As @Sister Nova mentioned, the last three new theme rollouts (log homes, stilts, and chalets) have gone this way.  When the stilts weren't all grabbed within a few weeks, people were even questioning whether too many new Linden Homes had been built

Not everyone reads the forums or the Bellisseria group chats, and many don't try for a new home often, so they may not even be aware that the chalets have been released.  It took several weeks for the demand for both stilts and log homes to catch up to the supply.  I think we will see the chalets in the queue for a while, but there will probably come a time when more will be needed.

• Like 1

I think maybe part of it is that with the chalet releases it's created (finally) a situation where there are enough homes to meet the demand for a LH, whereas with previous releases there were still lots of people waiting for a home. So perhaps they seem like they are not being snapped up so quickly because the demand is being met, rather than there being a scramble for a house as with other theme releases. Also maybe they aren't as popular so people aren't abandoning the home they have already have to get one.

It stills seems to me that the Stilts and houseboats are the most popular as less of those seem available on the land page, whereas you can often now find one of the other themes available (I think, I could be wrong).

• Like 4