Why do I still see my old SL name after changing it?

Kumori Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I changed my SL name from dsx.firehawk to kumori.kiyori over a month ago. My name shows up for me and most people as kumori.kiyori, but sometimes people still see me as dsx.firehawk and will refer to me as such and sometimes when I rent land, it says that the renter is dsx.firehawk and not kumori.kiyori. I tried to submit a support ticket, but I could not find a label for the ticket that pertains to this exact issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

dsx_kumori.png

4 answers to this question

It takes time for everything to populate throughout the whole system. Give it a week.  Whoops, did not read.  Try live chat. Since you are premium you can chat.  I changed my name about six months ago and subscribers still have my old legacy name.

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

28 minutes ago, Kumori Kiyori said:

I just recently cancelled premium, though I still have until the 12th of this month. But I've been looking for a live chat feature and I haven't been able to find such a thing. 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131005-live-chat

Be sure to log in to your dashboard first although it might redirect you to do so.

Edited by Rowan Amore

15 hours ago, Kumori Kiyori said:

I changed my SL name from dsx.firehawk to kumori.kiyori over a month ago. My name shows up for me and most people as kumori.kiyori, but sometimes people still see me as dsx.firehawk and will refer to me as such and sometimes when I rent land, it says that the renter is dsx.firehawk and not kumori.kiyori. I tried to submit a support ticket, but I could not find a label for the ticket that pertains to this exact issue and I'm not sure how to fix it. 

dsx_kumori.png

If you've rented from the landowner before under your previous name your avatar key may be associated with your old name in some non-Linden Lab database and as long as your key stays the same there would be no reason for it to check for your username again.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.