Is there a way for someone to bypass the restrictions on my land that are not of my rental I rent from?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So last night I was on my homestead just hanging out enjoying the music. I have really high restrictions and someone was able to bypass all of the restrictions included by flying which is not allowed I checked that and she didn't have payment info on file either and was able to to go onto my property. I had to ban and eject her but it seemed like it stopped her. Even my orb couldn't warn her in time to stop flying around. Is this normal for someone to do this because my rental owner said he doesn't know who she is?

25 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

So last night I was on my homestead just hanging out enjoying the music. I have really high restrictions and someone was able to bypass all of the restrictions included by flying which is not allowed I checked that and she didn't have payment info on file either and was able to to go onto my property. I had to ban and eject her but it seemed like it stopped her. Even my orb couldn't warn her in time to stop flying around. Is this normal for someone to do this because my rental owner said he doesn't know who she is?

The 'no fly' setting can be easily bypassed by a debug setting combined with being in fly mode before entering a parcel.

As for the 'no payment info' restriction - I've not a clue how that one can be bypassed.

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The 'no fly' setting can be easily bypassed by a debug setting combined with being in fly mode before entering a parcel.

As for the 'no payment info' restriction - I've not a clue how that one can be bypassed.

Me neither I was surprised and my orb was online at that time which is casper visiter tracker.

1 hour ago, xxVi3perxx said:

Even my orb couldn't warn her in time to stop flying around. 

Not sure if this was part of the question, but anyway: Scripted security devices can't do any better than sample the environment for intruders on a polling schedule; the tighter that schedule, the more script lag they add to the region. Usually that's not a problem, but a Homestead gets to use only a quarter of the standard "simulation frame", so it's very easy for scripts to get behind on a Homestead, which you can determine by the "Scripts Run" percentage in the statistics bar.

Anyway, Homestead or not and even if all the scripts get a chance to run each frame, that periodic polling thing means that between polling intervals the script won't see any new arrivals. And that's one advantage of getting by with land security settings rather than scripted security orbs. Not always possible, though.

(I, too, don't know of a way for an intruder to bypass a "No Payment Info on File" restriction, but I've never used it myself.)

• Like 1

Wild shot here, but is the land set to allow members of a certain group, and if so, is it possible this person is a group member? You mentioned it is a rental, so I was just wondering if your land is set to the rental group and, even though the landlord says he doesn't know her, she might still have managed to join the group. I don't know but it seems possible that allowing group "without restriction" as I think it's worded in the land box might override the NPIOF restriction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Wild shot here, but is the land set to allow members of a certain group, and if so, is it possible this person is a group member? You mentioned it is a rental, so I was just wondering if your land is set to the rental group and, even though the landlord says he doesn't know her, she might still have managed to join the group. I don't know but it seems possible that allowing group "without restriction" as I think it's worded in the land box might override the NPIOF restriction.

yeah the group is deeded to the land that's about it but it is an open group but I don't see her on the list for the group itself. I have no fly permission allowed my orb lets me know who is flying in so they can be forced to land. I guess people just like to explore to take a better look around.

46 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

yeah the group is deeded to the land that's about it but it is an open group but I don't see her on the list for the group itself. I have no fly permission allowed my orb lets me know who is flying in so they can be forced to land. I guess people just like to explore to take a better look around.

She might have left the group after being banned from the land. Based on what you've said, I'd guess it was someone who was interested in the rentals, joined the open group, and went to have a look around. Which can be annoying for you, but isn't something I'd worry about in this case. Future cases could be more of a problem, as griefers could join the open group. Land groups really need to be closed/invite only in most cases.

50 minutes ago, xxVi3perxx said:

yeah the group is deeded to the land that's about it but it is an open group but I don't see her on the list for the group itself

Linden recently changed the group member list. From what I understand only group owners and moderators can now see the whole list of group members

39 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

Linden recently changed the group member list. From what I understand only group owners and moderators can now see the whole list of group members

I just created a group and all my members can see who is in the group. There is a tick for "reveal members" If the group owner has checked that everyone can see who is in the group.

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I just created a group and all my members can see who is in the group. There is a tick for "reveal members" If the group owner has checked that everyone can see who is in the group.

From the thread on group chat changes...

The Second Life group chat servers has been modified so that large group (over 10 online at once) will work so that only moderators get the full list of everyone online.   Non-moderators now only see online moderators listed in the group chat participants list, for large groups.   Groups with 10 or fewer users online should not be affected by this change.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

From the thread on group chat changes...

The Second Life group chat servers has been modified so that large group (over 10 online at once) will work so that only moderators get the full list of everyone online.   Non-moderators now only see online moderators listed in the group chat participants list, for large groups.   Groups with 10 or fewer users online should not be affected by this change.

How odd, because I can see the member list in some large groups I am in. For instance, I'm looking right now at the Bay City Alliance group, which has over 500 members. I can see the names of 39 members who are online right now. I am not a moderator. 

I think that what you are referring to is the sidebar that is on the left side of group chat boxes, which is a different thing. That is true, that when  you are in a group chat, you can't see who else is in the chat. But you can still see the regular group member list as always, unless the owner turns the feature off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

How odd, because I can see the member list in some large groups I am in. For instance, I'm looking right now at the Bay City Alliance group, which has over 500 members. I can see the names of 39 members who are online right now. I am not a moderator. 

I think that what you are referring to is the sidebar that is on the left side of group chat boxes, which is a different thing. That is true, that when  you are in a group chat, you can't see who else is in the chat. But you can still see the regular group member list as always, unless the owner turns the feature off. 

Thanks, I misread it.  Not that I've ever bothered to see who all was in a group chat in 12 years.  😄

37 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

this is what I see with a gift group I am in. I am not a owner/moderator of it

memberlist.jpg.a736b7c9bcc38879f36dfdee47b9f985.jpg

That's initially what I thought the change was, too.  But, it's seeing in the chat window only the moderators and not everyone involved in the group chat that was changed.  I've never even looked at that feature in the chat window.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Thanks, I misread it.  Not that I've ever bothered to see who all was in a group chat in 12 years.  😄

I found it useful when trying to help someone in a group chat, to make sure that they are still IN the group chat. People tend to leave without warning sometimes, whether on purpose or thanks to SL weirdness. I'm not excited about this change and don't know what the point is, but I haven't read the thread about it so maybe I should do that sometime. lol

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

How odd, because I can see the member list in some large groups I am in. For instance, I'm looking right now at the Bay City Alliance group, which has over 500 members.

if i remember well the limit of visible members, if the option to reveal isn't checked, is 3k or 3,5 k

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.