Hello out there to all the poly friends and folks on the grid!  

I'm so curious as to where you all are hiding out at?  I've been in sl for such a long time and this community by far is one of the most reclusive I've ever encountered.  I don't mean any ill will by that, as an introvert, believe me I get the love for solitude.  That being said, I wonder what it is about this community in general that makes it so quiet.  Not unfriendly, or unwelcoming, just...quiet.  

What do you guys like to do?  What events would interest you?  How are you finding other poly people and how are you finding that fulfilling?  Are there any typical hang outs with poly centric themes?  I know about a lot of groups, and I'm in them, but rarely does anyone talk in the group chats.  

Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, out there living your best poly lives, I'm happy for you and would love to be friends...if we ever run into one another that is.

Edited by Loelia Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

polyamorous, polygamous, or people in open relationships?

Not to sound stupid, but what's really the difference mate? lol I'm asking because isn't it all really kind of the same thing? People in relationships with more then one. I just always thought they were just fancy terms for describing the same thing basically. lol Anyway thanks in advance.😎

Polyamory is loving more than one person, where as polygamy is being married to more than one person. An open relationship is one where there is a primary emotional, and physical relationship, but sexual encounters with others is allowed.

• Like 1

I could totally see how SL would work as a really good platform to explore this type of relationship.

Not to say people arent in RL, just that SL would be a good way to try it out if you weren't sure to see how you'd feel about it. And also considering people's logging in and out times, it could be nice having people in different timezones etc.

• Like 2