Same clothes embarrasment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Once or twice but, being a weirdo, my overriding thoughts are to stand my ground and not let myself be swayed by concerns of superficial originality or ‘uniqueness’, so I absolutely don’t go away or change even if the entire avatar seemed a pixel-by-pixel clone of mine—which would be improbable enough. If anything, I’ll join whatever general amusement may ensue from the circumstance.

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 1

I don't worry too much about it in SL.. In RL it never really has happened to me.. Well other than everyday clothes.. But those are gonna be either jeans, riding boots  and flannel or a t-shirt, or overalls riding boots flannel or a t-shirt..Mainly chore clothes, because there is always chores to do and just about everyone I know around me has pretty close to the same attire for chores..

hehehe

Doesn't happen to me at all, but I think it might be because I wander around as a fellow pillow in public to avoid getting copybotted, I've had my share of bad luck regarding that, but I don't mind seeing people wear the same top, dress etc. It is another thing if they have the exact same outfit you have spent your time on putting together, or if their avatar look exactly like yours, that's when I start to feel uncomfortable and feel suspicious of it, since I never tend to follow any trends or look up for some inspiration from bloggers, I just stick with my own style that I made up over the years, what I discovered that I feel most comfortable with.

It might sound silly to some that some people might take that kind of stuff more seriously, but it is a way for people to really express themselves, I don't feel like I have that luxury to really express myself via fashion and what not in RL, so it's way easier for me to do so on SL which I really adore about it.

Edited by PixelBerry

I do occasionally see people wearing something I own and recognise, but so far (to my knowledge) never at the same time. If I did, it wouldn't bother me, I'd probably just send them  an IM to compliment them on their great taste.

Not yet, my sense of style is a little... Odd to say the least, one day I'm dressed in full lolita gear and the next I'm dressed for a fancy night out.

If it ever does happen though, i wouldn't bat an eye.  Clearly they have decent taste in clothes, maybe I'll IM them and strike up a convo and hope I make a new friend.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.