Imminent Aditi deploy to some regions will cause returns

Charlar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dear Mesh Beta Users,

We're deploying a new build to a number of regions - Mesh Sandbox (20, 21, 27, 28) - on Aditi. Content on those regions will be returned and will not be rezzable there because of changes in our code. You'll need to re-upload the meshes.

Caveat: We may have to break it again as we're doing this for the purposes of testing and may find bugs.

After we stabilize on those regions, this deploy will be propagated across all mesh regions.

This is the deploy we've mentioned in the last few usergroup meetings.  We're sorry for the lost of content, but it's necessary for us to move toward final code.

Signed,

Your friendly Mesh Development Team

"2.7.0 Beta (230551) appears not to work - old meshes will not rez, reuploading the same items leaves them with no name at all in inventory, and looking like a small disk when rezzed."

I assume that is on the new server? That is currently 231687, and all the meshes have gone. I saw that effect in one of the files I made with a deliberate bad internal url (CTS-595).  Right now, viewer build 231717 is "in progress". The "previous build" is 230926, but I am using 231074 (I think it was failed on Darwin). That still worked with the old meshes. Maybe the in progress one will use the new format, but I can't see anything about that in the change list. 

Attempting to render an old mesh on the new server just fails silently ... no error message (bad!). All the meshes I had out on MS 27 to test the disappearing mesh bug have gone, but they were NOT returned. Not that I care, as they are useless now anyway.

I edited the post to indicate where I tested.  I didn't expect that viewer to work, but it was just to put a marker on version number so people know that version and earlier will not work with new asset format.  I will test new versions as they come out until one of the project staff tell us what a working version should be.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.