Dont we have a Server Deploy that Week on Main channel?

Miller Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There appear to be random region restarts happening again.  My region (Woods of Heaven, a Main Server region) has restarted twice in the past 12 hours. At least on the first restart the server-version was not changed

Edited by Aishagain
  • Thanks 1

@Sayrah Parx 2021-03-31.557694 is going to 2021-04-21.558586.

So the RC channel is being rolled back.  That does not explain why my region (Main Server) has restarted twice in 12  hours.

ETA: OK I didn't mean that but it does mean that restarts should only be happening on part of the RC channels, I think. ah nonsense, Main WAS rolled.

ETA 2: OK I'm an idiot.  So the second restart to Woods put us on 558586.  So that makes sense but why no announcement either in here or on the GSP??

Edited by Aishagain
clarification
  • Thanks 1

It was already predictable that we would be rolled this week on 2021-04-21.558586 only slowly the Teletubbies are getting even more interesting than this linden chaos. A message was not even posted in the grid status. Apparently the level of communication with the PAYING CUSTOMER drops to ZERO.

Edited by Miller Thor

I can confirm that regions have rolled.

The good thing is that it seems to have happened quickly. It looks as though all regions are now on  2021-04-21.558586

No obvious reason for a special routine, though Saturday was National Explosive Ordnance Disposal Day.

So what went wrong so that we didn't even get the warning on Status?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

So what went wrong so that we didn't even get the warning on Status?

I ask myself that too, but the main thing is that they have now filed in the billing maintenance.

Edited by Miller Thor

4 hours ago, Isobel DeSantis said:

all kinds of hilarity that there was no warning about.

Just this.  Warning.  It's just not something we can live with.  It looks uncomfortably like incompetence.  Not a good look, LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1077 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.