Storied Brains and Personalities of the Forum: has there ever been a year-round Fantasy Faire type dance club? If not why not?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ya'll know all.  Surely in the history of SL there has been a dedicated Fantasy Club?  All the insanely creative avatars from Fantasy Faire need a place to twerk (Elven, Centaur and Dinkie and all the other things) - bootie the rest of the year.  It's one of the best things about SL!  Why can't we do it more?  Why don't we have a place to glitter and shine.  And flap and clop.  

(Disclaimer - yes yes I know - it costs money, it costs time and 'why don't you do it'.  I'm honestly curious if there has ever been such a thing.)

There was a pub venue called The Drunken Drow where you'd see fauns, elves, centaurs etc, though regular humans too. And a mermaid in a tank 🧜‍♀️

But I think it closed quite a few years ago. 

• Thanks 1

Chiaroscuro!

We have a Fantasy event every Saturday at 2pm, every event has a theme and it moves to a different location in the region each time so there's not a fixed club spot for it. If you join the group, you get a notice each Wednesday or Thursday of what the theme will be, and the landmark to the location comes out early on the Saturday. There's a contest with cash prizes for best costumes, usually with 3 or 4 winners. Typical themes might be Dark/Evil, Merfolk, Bellydance, etc.

Chiaroscuro also runs an annual event of its own; Fantasy Gay Pride, for 10 days every September, usually around the Equinox. It's not a shopping event but there are several events and parties each day, and a hunt that crosses 2 regions.

You can find the Chiaroscuro group on my in-world profile and the main region LM is here; http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Chiaroscuro/125/244/48

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.