Blocking and such and posting pictures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why would you ask that?  The specifics do not actually matter to this discussion and posting it here is likely not a good idea.

I think this is true.

Sort of a general thought: one of the more interesting but also somewhat disturbing phenomena relating to the breakdown of relationships, in RL as well as SL, is when one of the two no longer wants to have anything to do with the other. And of course, there may be lots of reasons for that, ranging from abusive behaviours to something more akin to disgust.

What bothers me about these is that sometimes the partner who is being avoided decides that their "take" on the nature of the relationship trumps their former lover's desire to be left alone. Because, of course, the shunned partner knows better what their former lover really wants and needs than they themselves do, and if only they would put up with more of the same things that drove them away in the first place, they'd see how really really wonderful the relationship actually is, and besides, "I've changed! It won't happen again," etc. etc. etc. And so they engage in what is essentially stalking and harassment, convinced somehow that this is going to make everything right again.

What is paradoxical and telling is that the one in such situation doing the stalking will generally profess that they "love" the person they're harassing, and want what's best for them -- all the while engaging in obsessive harassment that is making the one they supposedly love more and more miserable, if not actually stressed and (in RL, anyway) sometimes even fearful.

I've often wondered why, in such cases, the harasser/stalker can't see that their behaviour is in fact demonstrating that they don't care about the well-being of their former partner. If they did, they'd surely be abiding by the wishes of that person, rather than seeking to make their life a living hell by continuing to thrust themselves upon them.

It's sort of the ultimate selfish behaviour, and often a pretty good indication of what was wrong with the relationship in the first place.

Of course, I don't know if any of this applies to the OP. Nor do I need to know: I think her privacy and her reasons should be respected.

Just thinking aloud.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

On 5/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Blocking on Fickr unfortunately does not hide your pics from someone -- so far as I know, it merely prevents them from faving them or commenting on them. (I know this because I'm blocked by someone on Flickr. Don't ask.)

I got tired of you complaining about my lack of pants.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

I got tired of you complaining about my lack of pants.

Don't make me tell them about the time you forgot your shoes... 😋

ETA: https://www.virtualverse.one/forums/threads/nobody-cares-second-life-is-weird-af.6054/

/me runs

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.