Do you own more than one plot of land? If so why?

Ingrid Ingersoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:53 AM, Brodie Mayo said:

Someone bought a parcel of land next to me to plant a vineyard. All they put on the parcel are grape vines and a small shed at the end to store the juice. They live on an island about 6 sims away and travel by boat each day to work on the grape vines.  After 14 years, I'd thought I'd seen it all.  Gotta love SL. 🙂

I love this!!! Pics! Pics!

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, Rabid Cheetah said:

I  now own a parcel on each of the non-premiumish/overpriced [Zindra, Horizons, Nautalus, Bay City] continents -- roadsides, mountaintops, oceanside, snow, and other features, as well as a Belli home, all of varying sizes and shapes.  I even turned one of them into a GTFO hub.  So if I get bored  on a given parcel, a quick tp to one of my other places takes care of that.

Other side of the coin:  Feeling overwhelmed by having so many different parcels.  "NOW what am I gonna build?!?!?!?!?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, Rabid Cheetah said:

Other side of the coin:  Feeling overwhelmed by having so many different parcels.  "NOW what am I gonna build?!?!?!?!?"

I so get it @Rabid Cheetah. Right now I have collected a bunch of Bellis (a Fantasy, Vic, two Trads, a Log and a Houseboat) and a nice parcel on a high cliff over a river. I love to decorate. Some have lasted a long time and are "keepers," usually because of location. Others change when I tire of them. Yes, "NOW what am I gonna build?" Lol!  🏚️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another interesting, related question would be why do people who own multiple parcels get rid of them? Apart from money issues, I mean. 

For myself, I'm gradually downsizing. A lot of it has to do with frustration over ban line and orb abuse. What's the point of keeping things open for others to use when others can't really get there? Another part of it has to do with my own getting busier in real life. And still another part has to do with just feeling burned by the SL community. 

7 minutes ago, Female Winslet said:

Another interesting, related question would be why do people who own multiple parcels get rid of them? Apart from money issues, I mean. 

For myself, I'm gradually downsizing. A lot of it has to do with frustration over ban line and orb abuse. What's the point of keeping things open for others to use when others can't really get there? Another part of it has to do with my own getting busier in real life. And still another part has to do with just feeling burned by the SL community. 

I downsized a lot over the last year or so.  Mostly because I'm feeling myself due for another break from SL - or at least a large reduction in the amount of time that I spend inworld.

I'd get rid of my mainland entirely and just have the Linden Home except that I sometimes need to pull many of my KittyCats from the Cattery and rez them inworld.  The Linden Homes are limited to 2 such animals.

I've recently aquired an extra 1024sqm parcel in addition to my 9.1k one because I had the tier left over and might as well. Plus it wouldn't let me get a Linden Home with the spare tier since you can't 'buy' that for a group.

So now I have my main home where my Kreatures will be and a small garden retreat in a wonderful region next to a cobblestone road.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.