Do you own more than one plot of land? If so why?

Ingrid Ingersoll

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own the grassy plot, rent the water plot and I'm now considering buying or renting some snow land. I want it all! I want all the land. Different houses on the market fit different locations, I guess that's why I feel I need to have all my bases covered . 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I own the grassy plot, rent the water plot and I'm now considering buying or renting some snow land. I want it all! I want all the land. Different houses on the market fit different locations, I guess that's why I feel I need to have all my bases covered . 

Yes, I do have more than one! I love to own land, and my inventory is full of houses and furniture. I have homes on Mainland (including Bay City), Bellisseria, and I own a private region. I also have a couple of small rentals in pretty communities. I'm always map hopping to see what's out there! Other people buy shoes and hair, I buy and decorate LAND. lol

(But I don't buy from people who shamelessly pimp their stuff in discussion threads... just saying. ;) )

• Like 10

I do own several different parcels, because I like the variety.  I like land that is unique in some way, such as a spot by the Great Wall, another by that Linden road that goes into an underwater tube when it encounters a lake, and a spot on part of one of the highest mountains in the game.  I've also got snow land that overlooks a valley road and river, a tiny plot near one of my favorite LDPW spots, and some land adjacent to the Cirue-du-Whateveritscalled on Corsica, including one of those ancient videophones across the street.  I used to rent a place in Bay City, but couldn't figure out what to put there.  Finally, I'm in some groups that have land along various Linden roads.  This all helps me if I get bored with a particular place -- I just TP to another parcel of mine.  And noe of this is counting my Linden Home, my alt's rental, or Linden Homes and Mainland spots my friends let me have access to.

• Like 10

I currently have 2 Linden Homes -- a Houseboat and a Traditional - and own a plot on Mainland, and I'm still considering nabbing another Linden Home.

I seldom ever have more than one Mainland plot - the size simply varies depending on my mood and needs over time.  It is used for building (or playing at building) and for things that I can't do in a Linden Home due to covenant restrictions and available LI.

• Like 9

I love owning land and also have rentals too.

Decorating is fun but it’s the travel aspect that I’ve always loved. Having a destination and being able to ‘stay over’ is a very large part of my SL.

I do get itchy feet, which is why rentals are a good option for me, but the flexibility of the Linden Homes gives me a lot of freedom. I can’t imagine how much money I’ve wasted on just shedding a parcel at a silly price in order to be able to move quickly over the years.

• Like 11

I pay for a quarter of a region. That is 7 parcels of land on 5 different sims. I cannot possibly say how many different parcels I have owned in SL over the past 15 years, not to mention renting, and Linden homes too. I've owned land in Bay City and in Zindra, but the one place I can't leave is Iris. I own land in more than one sim because I can't own a quarter of Iris 😛 But really, I like the water, I like the mountains, and I need a parcel for my store too so I have all of that.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I like to build and create different environments and public places, that's my joy in SL and where I spend all my time along with exploring 

Same! That's all I do. I don't even socialize really, but I do chat with random strangers I meet when I'm exploring because I'm a weirdo

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Okay so it's not just me. 

Definitely not, and I keep buying more, whether or not I have a place to put them, because "I might need this someday!" 😂

Exploring the yellow squares on the map is my favorite thing to do in SL, aside from actually buying and decorating land (and, ultimately, moving on because I'm a tumbleweed.)  I keep a notecard with landmarks of (almost) all of the places I've lived, so I can go back and haunt visit the area again if I want to. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Surely someday we will land on each other in one of those yellow parcels! I guess then we'd have to arm wrestle to see who gets to purchase it...

Sister Nova swoops in for the purchase whilst Sylvia and Ingrid arm wrestle :P 

• Haha 10

Just now, Katherine Heartsong said:

Nope, it's not! I have so much Apple Falls stuff, for example, in my inventory I could literally be their second off-site warehouse outlet store. :)

Ditto...plus Nutmeg's stuff :P

• Like 8

On 5/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I surely miss having you as my neighbor in Barcola. I always looked forward to your new builds and spent much time studying how you used objects in your home. I learned a lot from just looking at your builds.

Even though I hardly spend much time in SL these days I still have several parcels. I have my shop, my little home in Horizons and two Linden Homes in Belli, a stilt and a chalet. Even with four parcels I own much less land now that I have in the past.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have a Camper and Doc has a Houseboat in Belli, plus we have some Snowlands and a 1024 in a dammed lake on Sansara and some on Corsica which grew from a 4096 into several Regions because we love that area for boating and driving ...and the neighbours ♥

• Like 9

On 5/2/2021 at 5:55 AM, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I have three small parcels, and each has its own advantage. On Mainland I have one on sailable water that I am planning on giving up as soon as I find a place to put everything, and another slightly larger one inland I'm moving to. The third spot is in Bellisseria - I'm not terribly social, but having the Belli parcel gives me the most feeling of living in a community.

• Like 5

I only rent one 8192 parcel on a private island, but that's subdivided into 5 house rentals on a nice rocky shore setting, plus above that I have set up seven more things: two skyboxes for myself (one for me and one for my male alt), two more rented skyboxes and a rented platform for friends, my skybox art galley, and another store/retail space next to the gallery that I rent out. It was easy enough to subdivide rather than buying or renting land scattershot over SL. Next step will be a half sim I'm pretty sure.

• Like 5

I have a chalet in Bellisseria which I'm trying to stay in for more than a week, a parcel in Raglan Shire where I've just installed a tiny beach for Tiny sunbathing, and a largeish mainland parcel, which is surrounded by land I abandoned to reduce its size.  I'm really enjoying the mainland parcel because I have given in to the prevailing fashion for giant privacy screens (my new view is better) and I make use of universal ban lines - yes! no more bots or unpleasant types dropping in while I'm nekkie and giving me a scare.  Having said that, I do look around the auction parcels out of curiosity, and often hop over to yellow squares for the same reason.  I don't want to move, though, as it's a lot of work.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Added a bit.
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.