Noise Pollution

Tommytu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I live at TuTone Tower, Dodder (215, 96, 62) - Moderate  A premium member home.  A home near by has an alarm blaring constantly. It is annoying. It is obnoxious. So far I can not listen to my music or have guests over because it is so annoying. The insulting audio comes from Protected Land - Park , Dodder (204, 157, 61) - Moderate  I have messaged the owner. He is not a newbie, his account is 13 years old.  I think it is done just to annoy his neighbors.  How do we reach help on this matter?  Nothing in Knowledge base covers it, that I can find.  Who, in Linden labs, can police this sort of annoyance?

TommyTu

tommytutnone@mediacombb.net

14 answers to this question

I think it's more likely to be a security system that has been set off by some intruder.  If you want to be kind, send the owner an IM to ask him to turn it off.  Otherwise, submit an AR that identifies the name of the alarm, its owner, and location so that LL can take care of it.  Meanwhile, locate the thing with sound beacons enabled and then block it, so that you won't hear it.

1 hour ago, Tommytu said:

I live at TuTone Tower, Dodder (215, 96, 62) - Moderate  A premium member home.  A home near by has an alarm blaring constantly. It is annoying. It is obnoxious. So far I can not listen to my music or have guests over because it is so annoying. The insulting audio comes from Protected Land - Park , Dodder (204, 157, 61) - Moderate  I have messaged the owner. He is not a newbie, his account is 13 years old.  I think it is done just to annoy his neighbors.  How do we reach help on this matter?  Nothing in Knowledge base covers it, that I can find.  Who, in Linden labs, can police this sort of annoyance?

TommyTu

tommytutnone@mediacombb.net

I recommend that you AR it -- the object is the Emergency Light that is outside, hanging from the patio roof.   I'd chose 'Disturbing the peace / Object littering"  -- there isn't a category that fits perfectly.  Then in the Details, be sure to specify that you can hear the object from two parcels away.  Since you are a Premium member, you can also use Live Chat and that will often get faster results.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131005-live-chat

16 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

doesn't restrict sounds/voice to parcel lock it out?

It does, but that also eliminates all outside sounds, including any from Mole/Linden provided objects (birds, other critters, etc..) that you might want to hear. 

Hello @Tommytu. I've just had a visit to your area and found the source of the alarm, it's a rotating yellow alarm beacon positioned on the ceiling of its owners home porchway, at house number 118.

The alarm's description is: GCD - Emergency Light (CEILING)(v2.4) and is owned by someone (I won't reveal his name) who was last online on 18th April 2021, so he would seem to still be recently active. 

Walk close enough to the alarm where you can right-click the ceiling alarm, then you can block it, which will permanantly silence it, unless you choose to unblock it. Blocking it worked for me. :)

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen

56 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Hello @Tommytu. I've just had a visit to your area and found the source of the alarm, it's a rotating yellow alarm beacon positioned on the ceiling of its owners home porchway, at house number 118.

The alarm's description is: GCD - Emergency Light (CEILING)(v2.4) and is owned by someone (I won't reveal his name) who was last online on 18th April 2021, so he would seem to still be recently active. 

Yeah - already said that:

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

<snip>  the object is the Emergency Light that is outside, hanging from the patio roof.  <snip>

He already knew which home.

@Tommytu- Note that while you can block/mute the object, that will not help your guests.  They will each have to also block/mute the item.  Since this is a Linden Home area - though the older ones - LL is pretty responsive to issues there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It does, but that also eliminates all outside sounds, including any from Mole/Linden provided objects (birds, other critters, etc..) that you might want to hear. 

hmm.. i always prefered to rezz my own birdsound , for a dime on MP :)  .. instead of all exciting and "other" experiences made by the neighbours, their kids, or the hidden breedable farm in the sheds or homes :)

16 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

doesn't restrict sounds/voice to parcel lock it out?

No. It restricts the sound that YOU emit from your parcel.
To restrict the sound of your neighbour - your neighbour needs to set it.
It's a privacy setting and not a protection setting.

1 hour ago, Nova Convair said:

No. It restricts the sound that YOU emit from your parcel.
To restrict the sound of your neighbour - your neighbour needs to set it.
It's a privacy setting and not a protection setting.

was pretty convinced it worked, so tested it, and it dóes block.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

was pretty convinced it worked, so tested it, and it dóes block.

Tested too, yes works 2-way, so that easily solves this kind of neighbour problems.
I'm pretty sure last time I tested it - blocking was only 1-way - but that could be a while ago now.

5 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Parcels do have a "restrict sounds to parcel" function in the land settings.

Yes, Alwin suggested that option more than 15 hours before yours.

Doesn't anybody read the other posts anymore to see what has already been mentioned?  Especially in a thread as short as this one.

9 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

hmm.. i always prefered to rezz my own birdsound , for a dime on MP :)  .. instead of all exciting and "other" experiences made by the neighbours, their kids, or the hidden breedable farm in the sheds or homes :)

Mostly I agree with you.  However, in the new Linden Home areas, the Moles have rezzed some nice nature sounds that are actually pleasant to listen to (this from one that doesn't listen to sound much at all due to home environment).  Granted, OP is in an old Linden Home and I don't think LL did any sort of sounds there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mostly I agree with you.

:)

And yes i agree , the environment putted out at the new continents are great! .. i'm a bit to general, had quite some barking dogs, radio's and other little things at neighbours :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.