RLV @clear Command

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)

Which of these two command string prefixes is the correct one to use:

@clear=attach,attachallover:<folder path>=force

@clear=attachallover,attachallover:<folder path>=force

?

On this page:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI#Clothing_and_Attachments

I see many commands suffixed with "=force". According to the Backus-Nauer notations given for these commands this is not an optional suffix for the commands that have them. What is the meaning meaning of this "=force" suffix? 

Edited by agentronin

Posted (edited)
@clear=attach,attachallover:<folder path>=force

Would be the correct command. Specifying attachallover twice is redundant, but specifying attach (a different command) would clear any restrictions related to attach, as well as the folder specified as part of attachallover.

The =force suffix is functionally the same as RLVa's =y or =n. Both work, but it's just telling RLV to execute regardless of any other restrictions (to my knowledge).

Edited by Jenna Huntsman
Struck out mistake (oops!)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

The =force suffix is functionally the same as RLVa's =y or =n

No, if my understanding is correct, =force is for one-shot commands (i.e. make something happen, but don't add or remove a restriction to the list, so "@setrot:1.0=force" for example will make you rotate to 1.0 radians, but will not keep you restricted from changing your rotation, and will not add a rotation restriction to the restriction list. ) but Add/Rem are aliases of n/y.

There are two types of commands : one-shot commands (those which Param is "force" and those which Param is a number such as the channel number of a "version" call) and rules (those which Param is "y", "n", "add" or "rem"). "clear" is special but can be seen as a one-shot command.

Rules are stored inside a table linking the UUID of the emitter to the rule itself. They are added when receiving a "n"/"add" Param, and removed when receiving a "y"/"rem" Param.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

Edit: While it seems a bit rare, there do seem to be commands that have a =y/n version as well as a =force option. @sit=n stops you from being able to sit(or unsit) @sit:uuid=force makes you sit on uuid.

@detach=n/y stops (or allows again) you from being able to detach something, @detach=force makes you detach it. removes all of your attachments.

Edited by Quistessa
  • Thanks 1

You generally use just @clear. Or don't use it at all.

For the other restrictions you use the restriction followed by =y to unset or =n to set.

Also when scripting with RLV i recommend you to enable debug messages for RLV found under RLVa/Debug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.