No sounds in newest Firestorm 6.4.13 update

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)

Hi can anyone help? I got newest Firestorm version but there is no sound at all I checked all settings in preferences and it seems ok. But I can't hear any music typing sound or sounds from videos when I turn on my entertainment media center. But when I tried official LL Second Life viewer everything work just fine there. I re-install Firestorm but problem still there.

Edited by MorrianaDarkstar

Posted (edited)

When you open Help -> About Firestorm window and look for the "audio driver version" line... does it show anything there, or "undefined"? You may also want to check in your sound manager/mixer (I assume that you're using Windows) that Firestorm itself is not muted like this:

obraz.png.7382a7b64cd6e51e61e094f1590a0fe8.png

If by any reason you have Skype enabled in the background, try to disable it and reboot Firestorm to see if that may be an issue.

Edited by panterapolnocy

13 hours ago, MorrianaDarkstar said:

Hi can anyone help? I got newest Firestorm version but there is no sound at all I checked all settings in preferences and it seems ok. But I can't hear any music typing sound or sounds from videos when I turn on my entertainment media center. But when I tried official LL Second Life viewer everything work just fine there. I re-install Firestorm but problem still there.

When did you update to this version?
Did you reboot before updating?
Did you reboot after updating?

Using Linux, so I doubt I can give any useful specific advice, but even back in my Windows days it was worth checking through the whole chain of sound settings to be sure that the output from a particular program was getting to the right place. If you can play a music file you know something is working, but is Firestorm (or whatever program you're struggling with) trying to use the same something?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.