Banning an avatar from land

Maitimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So a creepy stalker type person showed up in my Bellisseria home yesterday, and I successfully banned him from the parcel with no problem.

But when I tried to ban the same avatar on my alt's land, I was unable to do so because the avatar account could not be found, either by name or by UUID. I can still see the profile and UUID on the Banned list on my main account and he is showing as currently online, so he's not deleted his account or received an account ban or anything like that. Copy and pasting either the name or the UUID isn't working.

HOW do I ban this elusive account on my alt's parcel? Or is it no longer possible to ban someone you can't actually see in person?

6 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

So a creepy stalker type person showed up in my Bellisseria home yesterday, and I successfully banned him from the parcel with no problem.

But when I tried to ban the same avatar on my alt's land, I was unable to do so because the avatar account could not be found, either by name or by UUID. I can still see the profile and UUID on the Banned list on my main account and he is showing as currently online, so he's not deleted his account or received an account ban or anything like that. Copy and pasting either the name or the UUID isn't working.

HOW do I ban this elusive account on my alt's parcel? Or is it no longer possible to ban someone you can't actually see in person?

Are you trying to ban the person using your account or your Alt's?  If your account, are you sure you have the permissions to ban?

Or maybe it is related to the messed up web search process.

43 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

My alt is trying to ban the avatar on their own land.

Have the alt give you permission to ban and then see if you can do it, since you were able to find the person to ban them at your Linden Home.   

There are inworld search issues - I know that I can find people via Firestorm legacy people search even when they don't show via the web search.  Maybe the issue also causes some folks to not find accounts when others can.

Okay I've solved it, and it seems to be a search issue combined with some sort of issue with copy and pasting the UUID in Firestorm.

My workaround was to visit my parcel with my alt and access the ban list from there (both parcels are assigned to the same group). From that list I could call up the person's profile, and if I copy the UUID using the "copy UUID" option on the profile rather than selecting the text from the top of the profile, it worked.

But there wasn't any way to locate the person's profile without visiting the land so it seems that it's also a "broken search" problem.  

• Like 1

I've noticed for quite some time, when using Firestorm Search, that often the search comes-up negative for that avatar name; about 50% of the time.  However, at the top of the page, next tab over (People), search there and you'll find almost everyone.

10 minutes ago, RoxyCyn said:

I've noticed for quite some time, when using Firestorm Search, that often the search comes-up negative for that avatar name; about 50% of the time.  However, at the top of the page, next tab over (People), search there and you'll find almost everyone.

Yeah, the Websearch has been FUBAR for a while now.  I use the Firestorm legacy search tabs for pretty much everything these days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.