The Fee hurts frequent linden buys who are premium users

SaaiYu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Please, everyone! @SaaiYu is right. If you buy small amounts of $L frequently, the higher fees ARE going to impact you.

Please, Saaiyu! Everyone else is right, too. If you buy the same amount of $L, but just do it once a month in a large purchase, you'll feel the pain much less.

...climbs back into her Grid Crash Protection Box.

We need a hug reaction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If you buy small amounts of $L frequently, the higher fees ARE going to impact you.

Maybe.  If you pretty much always buy US $19.87 worth of L$ at a time, then you are not impacted. You are already paying $1.49 per buy -- which is 7.5% or more, depending on exactly how much or little US $.

The increased fee impacts everyone spending more than US $19.87 on a buy transaction.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe.  If you pretty much always buy US $19.87 worth of L$ at a time, then you are not impacted. You are already paying $1.49 per buy -- which is 7.5% or more, depending on exactly how much or little US $.

The increased fee impacts everyone spending more than US $19.87 on a buy transaction.

And not nearly as badly as some might think.

That $50 I mentioned earlier (or was it in the other thread)? That is after the fee - in other words I have always factored the fees into the purchase itself.

Funnily enough, it didn't make much of a difference whatsoever this month. A few L$ less but not so much as to be an issue.

ETA: My parcel rent isn't even affected that much either - twenty cents more in fees. Said rent is also factored into the above amount.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2

On the bright side, I've learned to really appreciate the weekend sale events and reduced my SL spending by a ton. So, a lot less money spent on SL overall. Thank you, LL!

a7324976ca6d006ee812a355ff917886.jpg

• Haha 2

On 5/1/2021 at 1:06 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow -- US $3,500 = roughly 840,000 L$, for shopping, per month.  I truly can't even imagine.

Yeah that's a bit much shopping I know last month after the increases I did a bit more spending than usual but I had the extra funds and was working on building up a roleplay sim for me and others to enjoy. I think I only went up to 340 bucks at max but even know with the linden prices going up I am limiting my spending on SL. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.