The Fee hurts frequent linden buys who are premium users

SaaiYu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a very frequent buyer of lindens $350 usd  a month just on my properties and 10x that on shopping im ok with a flat rate but to hit me each time 10 over 40 linden transaction is going greatly increase my expenses on a monthly and yearly bases which sucks because after the last update i installed it took away some of my wind lights .. and people are like just add them back.. One * don't remember all just seem my favs and that list got real short and my lag is horrible I have a gaming computer and in the last year have really revamped to specifications for secondlife. its discouraging to be spending so much and still have hard times my totals usually run anywhere of $800 to $1200 usd spent here monthly or every other month because I enjoy how I relax here  ..im just really disappointed .. I see no decrease in nothing just increase 

16 minutes ago, SaaiYu said:

I'm a very frequent buyer of lindens $350 usd  a month just on my properties and 10x that on shopping im ok with a flat rate but to hit me each time 10 over 40 linden transaction is going greatly increase my expenses on a monthly and yearly bases which sucks because after the last update i installed it took away some of my wind lights .. and people are like just add them back.. One * don't remember all just seem my favs and that list got real short and my lag is horrible I have a gaming computer and in the last year have really revamped to specifications for secondlife. its discouraging to be spending so much and still have hard times my totals usually run anywhere of $800 to $1200 usd spent here monthly or every other month because I enjoy how I relax here  ..im just really disappointed .. I see no decrease in nothing just increase 

Official thread started by LL.

1. Change your buying habits - it really has not hit some of us as hard as you're presenting
  2. Windlight as a system only exists in very specific TPVs now - you'll have to build from scratch (if you went the clean install route) or import them all
  3. If you're using the System Requirements page as that basis for a rebuild to spec you're opening yourself up for major disappointment
  4. As Rowan pointed out above, there is already a thread on this

OK,

1. My buying habits are what I wanted to do for my relax time no ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME HOW I WANT TO SPEND MY TIME OR DO WITH MY MONEY . THIS NEVER WAS A PROBLEM BEFORE 

2. I really don't complain and I thanked her for directing me I just took the link the CSR rep gave me DONT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS I KNEW WHERE TO GO (ASK first) and no not using system requirements I used a professional as I value the use of my money especially for a virtual place *( I DONT LIKE PEOPLE JUST WANTING FIGHT ON FORUMS BE HELPFUL AND KIND AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE ASSUMING YOU KNOW THE PROBLEM .. WHICH IS WHY I THANKED HER FOR THE REDIRECT AND ALL SHE DID WAS GIVE A LINK ..MUCH APPRECIATED ..now i can learn more by READING 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

M'kay.

1. You took it as "just wanting fight", that is solely on your end
    1. I laid out a few facts for you, nothing more and nothing less
  2. This is a forum, there is a Search Function - Forum usage 101
  3. Stow the Caps Lock/yelling (yes, telling you what to do there, deal with it)
  4. Your OP was a rant, questions in response are optional

From the way you've reacted, it is quite clear how fruitful further interaction will be. Do have a nice day.

1 hour ago, SaaiYu said:

If you are spending US $800-1200 per month for L$, then IMO you can afford the fee increase better than many others in SL. 

Change your L$ buys such that you do it all in one transaction instead of multiple transactions.  Your fee will still max out at $9.99, but the percentage will be much smaller overall --- less than 1% for a $1200 buy of L$.

Side note:  Your title says 'The Fee hurts frequent linden buys who are premium users" (bolding mine).   The fee impacts all users, not just premium ones.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

On firestorm go to

World > Phototools and edit the Sky drop down menu there is all the lighting we miss even CalWl what i never found before the changes ☮

It's missing Tor Night Moony. 

• Like 1

Look am not some forum person, just wanting to rant or discount others struggle or need on second life .. just voicing my opinion that pertains to me it kills me how people want to fight on a forum .PIPE DOWN AND DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH A  DANG TITLE REALLY; THAT SO IMPORTANT ..GROW UP  THAT WAS PETTY  I just come play get off and yes I can afford but i set my limits when need to. FYI just because I can doesn't mean i should have to as a premium user there should be way more perks I know at the end of the day this a business  just make it make since 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SaaiYu said:

just voicing my opinion that pertains to me

Your thread title is:

image.png.fbb9cce5cdbfa18367860cab1cf21d5a.png

That is not a statement referring just to you.  Besides, this is a "discussion" forum and thus anyone can comment.

People might actually discuss things a bit more seriously with you if you didn't constantly drop into infantile screaming.

19 minutes ago, SaaiYu said:

as a premium user there should be way more perks

Many of us would like all sorts of perks for Premium users, but if LL doles out too many perks then Premium membership is no longer beneficial to them.  Giving them $99 per year is not worth anything to them if they are giving us back more than that.  They are already giving us $60-65 per year in L$ -- roughly 2/3 of the fee.  That only leaves $35-40 per YEAR per account for them.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your thread title is:

image.png.fbb9cce5cdbfa18367860cab1cf21d5a.png

That is not a statement referring just to you.  Besides, this is a "discussion" forum and thus anyone can comment.

People might actually discuss things a bit more seriously with you if you didn't constantly drop into infantile screaming.

Many of us would like all sorts of perks for Premium users, but if LL doles out too many perks then Premium membership is no longer beneficial to them.  Giving them $99 per year is not worth anything to them if they are giving us back more than that.  They are already giving us $60-65 per year in L$ -- roughly 2/3 of the fee.  That only leaves $35-40 per YEAR per account for them.

Being able to wear multiple animesh parts and having priority status when tp'ing into full sims is reason enough for me to go premium. The weekly stipend is nice little perk. Especially added across multiple toons. Works out to 1100L per week for me which is like 1 or 2 fatpacks from some of my favorite creators.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaaiYu said:

OK,
no ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ME HOW I WANT TO SPEND MY TIME OR DO WITH MY MONEY . THIS NEVER WAS A PROBLEM BEFORE
DONT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS I KNEW WHERE TO GO (ASK first)
( I DONT LIKE PEOPLE JUST WANTING FIGHT ON FORUMS BE HELPFUL AND KIND AND ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE ASSUMING YOU KNOW THE PROBLEM .. WHICH IS WHY I THANKED HER FOR THE REDIRECT AND ALL SHE DID WAS GIVE A LINK ..MUCH APPRECIATED ..now i can learn more by READING 
PIPE DOWN AND DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH A  DANG TITLE REALLY; THAT SO IMPORTANT ..GROW UP  THAT WAS PETTY

2rASfkT.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SaaiYu said:

Look am not some forum person, just wanting to rant or discount others struggle or need on second life .. just voicing my opinion that pertains to me it kills me how people want to fight on a forum .PIPE DOWN AND DO WHAT YOU WANT WITH A  DANG TITLE REALLY; THAT SO IMPORTANT ..GROW UP  THAT WAS PETTY  I just come play get off and yes I can afford but i set my limits when need to. FYI just because I can doesn't mean i should have to as a premium user there should be way more perks I know at the end of the day this a business  just make it make since 

Don't get so worked up about it. There's a handful of regulars on  here that just go around crapping on people's posts for really no reason at all. They generally have like 12k + comments but if you look up their previous posts, none of them are remotely productive. Just reference the above posts as an example and ignore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I see how you can easily spend $350 USD a month on land, but ten times that -- $3,500 -- on shopping in world every month?

I could definitely spend 3500 lindens on shopping, but I'd have to really make an effort to spend 3500 dollars!

3 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:
On 4/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, SaaiYu said:

m a very frequent buyer of lindens $350 usd  a month just on my properties and 10x that on shopping

I see how you can easily spend $350 USD a month on land, but ten times that -- $3,500 -- on shopping in world every month?

Wow -- US $3,500 = roughly 840,000 L$, for shopping, per month.  I truly can't even imagine.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wow -- US $3,500 = roughly 840,000 L$, for shopping, per month.  I truly can't even imagine.

I mean if this person is uploading a substantial amount, such as that. I don't see how it would hurt them at all. And this whole fee thing is doing jack crap to me. However, the exchange fees and exchange rate is doing more to me then a simple 9.99 on Linden purchases. 

Please, everyone! @SaaiYu is right. If you buy small amounts of $L frequently, the higher fees ARE going to impact you.

Please, Saaiyu! Everyone else is right, too. If you buy the same amount of $L, but just do it once a month in a large purchase, you'll feel the pain much less.

...climbs back into her Grid Crash Protection Box.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.