Flickr commercial links

Mylovice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, I had a Flickr profile. They closed it without warning. Maybe because I put the links of the sl marketplace. If I insert as a link the address of the shop in the map of sl is it valid? Is a blog address valid?

I read in the Flickr guidelines that it is not possible to place commercial links. (if you are not a pro user)

Many second life merchants and bloggers use Flickr for commercial purposes and are not pro users, do they risk it too?

4 minutes ago, Mylovice said:

Hi everyone, I had a Flickr profile. They closed it without warning. Maybe because I put the links of the sl marketplace. If I insert as a link the address of the shop in the map of sl is it valid? Is a blog address valid?

I read in the Flickr guidelines that it is not possible to place commercial links. (if you are not a pro user)

Many second life merchants and bloggers use Flickr for commercial purposes and are not pro users, do they risk it too?

Of course they.run that risk.  I imagine Flickr only checks accounts that have been flagged though unless they have some way to automatically spot links on free accounts.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Of course they.run that risk.  I imagine Flickr only checks accounts that have been flagged though unless they have some way to automatically spot links on free accounts.

Therefore hundreds of people risk the closure of blogs or profiles ....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mylovice said:

Therefore hundreds of people risk the closure of blogs or profiles ....

Likely, yes, but not necessarily intentionally. 

Many folks just do not bother reading the rules of the various platforms that they participate in. 

There are all sorts of people that have X-rated pics in their SL profiles, which is not allowed by the TOS.  They can be AR'd for it and if they repeat the offense, they can have their account banned.  We get all sorts of invalid threads here in the forums, that ultimately LL deletes, because people do not bother to read the rules.  Again, repeat offenders can be banned from the forums - or possibly even SL, depending on the infraction.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.