Couples photographer needed...

BrookeRanger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:17 PM, BrookeRanger said:

Are you, or can you recommend a photographer who does awesome couples images? I am looking for a romantic and/or magickal background and poses. Show me your work, IM me...

Nice to read what you are looking for. Would be nice as well, if you tell interested photographers what you are willing to pay for "awesome" images. :)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

Nice to read what you are looking for. Would be nice as well, if you tell interested photographers what you are willing to pay for "awesome" images. :)

I pay what they are worth. Based on their portfolio and ability. Ridiculous to post that in a public forum!
I am looking for quality first. Whoever is only looking for money first, can move on.
Thanks

So basically you want top notch photo's for peanuts or less?
Good luck with that.

It is totally normal that if you want custom work done, that you at least give an indication of what you are willing to pay for a good photo.
And then photographers who work in your price range will react with their portfolio.

Someone who delivers quality pictures wants quality payment,  otherwise do it yourself. There is a photo button in your viewer and there are tons of freebie poses and nice scenery in SL.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

So basically you want top notch photo's for peanuts or less?
Good luck with that

Said who?
Look, put up or shut it. A professional never discusses money without showing their work and proving their worth. Only an idiot offers a fortune before seeing the capabilities.

If anyone qualifies for what I am looking for, IM me rather than blindly discuss pay in a forum, up front. If you aren't what I want, just skip the post. It is unbelievable how debatable and puny a simple request turned...

Thank you and be well

Edited by BrookeRanger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

People post in the Wanted section looking for photographers, landscapers, mesh riggers, all without stating what price they're willing to pay.  I certainly wouldn't feel the need to state that until after I'd seen someone's work.  Most photographers have set rates anyway.

@BrookeRangerI did ask the mods to move to the wanted section as that would be where it belongs and would get more views.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BrookeRanger said:

I pay what they are worth. Based on their portfolio and ability. Ridiculous to post that in a public forum!
I am looking for quality first. Whoever is only looking for money first, can move on.
Thanks

And why do you think that your post didn't get any response? Photographers which are able to create couple pictures aren't rare in SL. If they don't react on your post, well, that must have a reason? Wouldn't you agree? As for me, to create a good looking picture inclusively photo shooting and post editing costs me 2 - 3 hours. I don't want to be greedy.  I ask for 3 USD per hour. Total 9 USD or about 2400 L$ per picture. I don't have a problem to say that in public. lol  Though I don't take custom orders at the moment anyway.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

And why do you think that your post didn't get any response? Photographers which are able to create couple pictures aren't rare in SL. If they don't react on your post, well, that must have a reason? Wouldn't you agree? As for me, to create a good looking picture inclusively photo shooting and post editing costs me 2 - 3 hours. I don't want to be greedy.  I ask for 3 USD per hour. Total 9 USD or about 2400 L$ per picture. I don't have a problem to say that in public. lol  Though I don't take custom orders at the moment anyway.

It WAS in the wrong sub forum.  The post will get more interest here in the employment section.  More people look here on an average day.

FWIW, this photo took about 15 minutes, no post editing.

Smokin'

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It WAS in the wrong sub forum.  The post will get more interest here in the employment section.  More people look here on an average day.

FWIW, this photo took about 15 minutes, no post editing.

Smokin'

Well, you are a true artist. Good luck. :)

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Cool. And? That's not a picture of a couple that has hundred wishes and argues about everything even with each other. Starting with the outfit over the lighting to the poses. Technical issues because her dress is partly transparent. Not their problem. It's yours. Of course they leave it to you to find a matching background/back drop. And not that they accept your first best suggestion. You ask them, what they want. But they don't know. You are the photographer. So you have to deliver the ideas. But  nah, not this. Nah, that doesn't look mystical enough. And so the shooting lasts and lasts. Finally you got the pictures, did the post editing work and load them up. Nah, with this one they are not happy. She looks to fat on it. And he wants that she look at him. And can you please do this one again that her skin looks more shiny? Oh God, and what is that? The neckline? You think I'm overdoing? Well, don't take my words. Try it out by yourself.

Wow.  I've been doing pics for friends for years.  Never ever had all those issues. Anyhow,  that's completely irrelevant to the initial post. Wonder if maybe it's you and not them.   I've seen plenty of people here on the employment section and the wanted section asking for a photographer.  None have stipulated a price they are willing to pay.  Not how it's done.  You get photographers to reply with samples of their work and a price list.    I guess I assumed anyone would know that.

It would be like asking "how much does that cost?". And the other person replies, "How much do you have?".   

• Like 1

WOW, imagine that! So many accusing me here of not wanting to pay, me being this or that, them wanting me to post how much I will pay in public, blah blah.
In the entire day, not a single one has showed me a portfolio of couples photos in a romantic setting. Not one has experience in what I am looking for...

But before I go any further... how much we are willing to pay?...   Oh, it is OK.... I understand!

PS: If you qualify, IM me. I leave this post for now because it is not suiting my needs. Good luck to all

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Wow.  I've been doing pics for friends for years.  Never ever had all those issues. Anyhow,  that's completely irrelevant to the initial post. Wonder if maybe it's you and not them.   I've seen plenty of people here on the employment section and the wanted section asking for a photographer.  None have stipulated a price they are willing to pay.  Not how it's done.  You get photographers to reply with samples of their work and a price list.    I guess I assumed anyone would know that.

It would be like asking "how much does that cost?". And the other person replies, "How much do you have?".   

I edited my post.

Edited by Doc Carling

1 hour ago, BrookeRanger said:

WOW, imagine that! So many accusing me here of not wanting to pay, me being this or that, them wanting me to post how much I will pay in public, blah blah.
In the entire day, not a single one has showed me a portfolio of couples photos in a romantic setting. Not one has experience in what I am looking for...

But before I go any further... how much we are willing to pay?...   Oh, it is OK.... I understand!

PS: If you qualify, IM me. I leave this post for now because it is not suiting my needs. Good luck to all

Sorry, my latest reply wasn't addressed to you. Actually the situation for SL photographers isn't easy. However, that doesn't belong in your thread. I deleted it as off topic.

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Friends? Who talks about friends. Friends I photograph for free at any time. You not?

6 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

He sounds awful.

Edited by karenx0
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

what you are willing to pay for "awesome" images. :)

Your first comment depicts something else.

4 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

I photograph for free at any time. You not?

Your this comment is confusing people.

You know, you're so special, that I even feel bad for your dog. :')

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.