my Suggestion to Linden and LDPW! for the Mainland!

Mikkoto Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone and Linden Moles I'm hoping there's High Speed Train in SL that runs 200 km/h Inspired by Chinese High speed rail system and There's Long Bridge between continents and Continents! Also an 4 lane highway with a Long Bridge between continents and Continents! Inspired by Chinese Expressway System built by linden! as an Great Wall of Second Life at Heterocera Extension to Sansara It's improves an transport efficiency for gemc semi trucks and infinity semi trucks  also There's Long Highway inspired from Seven Miles Bridge in US Between Sansara and Jeogeot passing Bellisseria Linden Homes. That's my Very Great Idea in SL! built by Mole as Public-Private Partnership in SL!

15dc7145-2f80-4027-8474-fa648f61c8f3.jpe

856f05b9-ce21-4c39-8c87-9ef70ebbafa4.jpg

Seven_mile_bridge.jpg

• Sad 1

I think Abnor replied recently to suggest that if you are prepared to pay for the hundreds of regions required you could raise a support ticket with the request for consideration. 

From memory I think to show your proposal is real applications under the CLPP normally require you to have funded at least 16 regions for 12 months. They might perhaps be persuaded to overlook that based on the scale of your proposal and some payments up front to fund it. 

• Like 5

@anuk2939mk2

There aren't even pedestrian or road bridges from continent to continent yet. 

I think intercontinental bridges could be built if they had double decks, one deck above the other. Roads would be on the upper deck (with pedestrian/cycle paths on the sides) and train tracks on a lower deck. This would allow a wider community of residents to use the bridges, as very few residents even own their own trains, but a larger majority have a car or other road vehicle.  Bridges would also have to be built with very high decks, as tall masted boats and ships would need to pass beneath the bridges too.

"Undersea train tunnels" (which would actually be hollow flooded tubes, 20 metres below sea level on the seabed) might be an option to consider too, although this could be a problem for boats and ships with deep drafts and keels which could hit or run aground on the tunnel tops.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There isn't even a road connection from Bay City and Nova Albion to the rest of Sansara yet, so this definitely seems like a project that won't ever happen.

I do like the double-deck idea that @SarahKB7 Koskinen came up with though! Add a pedestrian & bicycle walkway and I think all the bases would be adequately covered for user transport.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jackie Baxter said:

There isn't even a road connection from Bay City and Nova Albion to the rest of Sansara yet

Technically there is, a short one.

Route 66 starts from Bay City - Truro  and goes east straight through both halves of Bay City, then through Nova Albion and joins to Dore region in western Sansara. But it never goes further east than Dore because of the historic regions of Ahern, Lusk, PerryClara, Varney and Stillman - all which predate Route 66 and are some of the earliest regions of SL. :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

RezCake_001.jpg?1341597679

Today I rezzed my official Second Life Rez Day cake (made by @Crazy Mole) and expected it re-decorated for my 13th Rez Day today,  another to add to my growing collection from previous years.

Sadly, it seems they only sense ages up to 12..... bwaaaaaah!!! 😜

Could the cakes get an update for us "senior citizens" of SL please, @Patch Linden ?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.